• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No new DC movies till 2015

32 posts in this topic

IGN

Good,bad,don't care?

I think WB may be getting ready to do something what Marvel is doing with their movies.

DC really doesn`t have many characters that would translate well into live action films. If you think about it they have been carried all these years by the Superman and Batman universes,while they had success with Green Lantern comics they blundered the live-action movie. Other than Swamp Thing and a few Vertigo characters what DC characters would be successful at the box office? Do people really think Aquaman or Hawkman would do 100 million at the box office? It doesn`t seem likely. They are better off concentrating on more Superman and Batman movies. 2c

Hmm. I don't know about that. The Flash and Wonder Woman seem obvious choices to me. Hellblazer did well enough to justify another. Warlord might do well as hollow earth movies have done well in the past. But for me the real potential sleeper is the Teen Titans. The have had a lot of animated TV treatment. If they were done more like the X-Men and less like the teen sidekicks this is a movie that could surprise.

What happened with the Lobo movie?

Back in 2008 they announced it and it never came about. I found this quote by Viggo Mortenson who had signed on to play the lead role:

"I know a lot of people won’t believe this, but I actually became quite the comic fan while shooting the Lord of the Rings movies. I read everything from Lobo to Grendel, The Watchmen, Transmetropolitan… there wasn’t much else to do between takes! And a lot of these guys were really into that… I actually would’ve liked to do the Watchmen movie, too, I’m a big Alan Moore fan, but the timing just didn’t work out. When the offer to do Lobo came around, I could not in good conscience pass it up. Lobo is a real challenge, there’s a depth there, behind all the… carnage. It’s actually not at all dissimilar to my character in Eastern Promises in that regard.”

I am still waiting for Tyrese to play Luke Cage Powerman.

TYRESE to play Powerman

What about Ray Park as Iron Fist for oh I don't know the past decade now.

DC really doesn`t have many characters that would translate well into live action films....They are better off concentrating on more Superman and Batman movies. 2c

I tend to agree with this. Marvel's claim to fame is that you could relate to the heroes. Makes for great drama on screen as well as in the comics. Many of DC's characters were the typical "hero" stereotype--Batman has luckily been shifted in a way that makes the universe way more entertaining to the audience. Superman still suffers from "GA" syndrome.

Teen Titans might be an interesting concept, given Avengers success. I'd LOVE the Raven plotline on the big screen.

I'd love Sgt. Rock in a serial format -- one hour type show. I think it would do good--and to mix it up with current issues in much the way the Unknown Soldier comic reboot did.

And I'm a DC guy too...granted I'm more of a horror buff but DC comics were my mainstay. I'd love for my horror titles to get a shot at a TV show and movie just as TOTC did at HBO. They have enough content that they could put together a good show, once the world is ready for it.

Funny thing...

I can recall, throughout the 80s, as DC had great success with its first 2 Superman movies, and then the box office sensation of Batman...

... and everyone was asking why Marvel can't make a great superhero movie? ...

My how times have changed...

... I think it's just a matter of getting the right creative team - and while I think Wonder Woman, JL, will be solid movies, personally, I want Animal Man ...

Funny thing...

I can recall, throughout the 80s, as DC had great success with its first 2 Superman movies, and then the box office sensation of Batman...

... I think it's just a matter of getting the right creative team - and while I think Wonder Woman, JL, will be solid movies, personally, I want Animal Man ...

If Green Lantern could barely break 100 million at the box office than there is no way Animal Man or Wonder Woman would. That was the point I was trying to make. WB is better off making a Buffy the Vampire reboot because it would be way more profitable than Wonder Woman. Don`t get me wrong I love Animal Man and Wonder Woman movies,but the WB suits will look at the box office numbers of GL and (shrug)

I think DC needs to use more of their DC/Vertigo characters for movies.

The horror/supernatual movies is pretty popular right now.

Totally agree. (thumbs u

Congrats on the awards. :applause:

Funny thing...

If Green Lantern could barely break 100 million at the box office than there is no way Animal Man or Wonder Woman would. That was the point I was trying to make. WB is better off making a Buffy the Vampire reboot because it would be way more profitable than Wonder Woman. Don`t get me wrong I love Animal Man and Wonder Woman movies,but the WB suits will look at the box office numbers of GL and (shrug)

I believe WB believes, rightly so, in superhero films beyond simply Bats and Supes, and its just a matter of making the characters relevant and engaging on screen, and the story line compelling.

Wonder Woman is a cash cow if done first class.