• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions to color this?

50 posts in this topic

I shot an email to Mike Zeck.

If he's willing to do it and I can afford it, I'm going to have him color it with his own hand. Being the original Secret Wars 1 cover artist, I have zero problem with him touching the original ink.

You're going to have him color the original inks? :facepalm:

Just glad this piece isn't on my want list

How could it be? It's a commission.

Didn't know it was a commission. Saw the "secret wars" written in the upper left, where artists typically write the title so when they ship it off the printer knows what the page is for. Haven't seen that much on a commission.

I still would go for digital coloring. But getting a color commission can be nice as well.

And just because it's a commission doesn't disqualify it from being on my want list. Have you seen Comix4fun's CAF? :baiting:

128056.jpg.c483905ffd6ecf098b675837c4808421.jpg

I shot an email to Mike Zeck.

If he's willing to do it and I can afford it, I'm going to have him color it with his own hand. Being the original Secret Wars 1 cover artist, I have zero problem with him touching the original ink.

You're going to have him color the original inks? :facepalm:

Just glad this piece isn't on my want list

Yeah, I don't see why you'd want to color over the original. Also, is Zeck known as a colorist?

:facepalm: Phil Zimelman often airbrushed A LOT of Zeck's work including his Punisher mini series covers, trading card art, and novel covers. He sometimes signs his name with Zeck on these pieces.

Didn't know it was a commission. Saw the "secret wars" written in the upper left, where artists typically write the title so when they ship it off the printer knows what the page is for. Haven't seen that much on a commission.

I still would go for digital coloring. But getting a color commission can be nice as well.

And just because it's a commission doesn't disqualify it from being on my want list. Have you seen Comix4fun's CAF? :baiting:

If that was the actual, original Secret Wars 1 cover I would be doing back flips between spontaneous bouts of involuntary orgasms.

Thats a great piece of art you have there and a cool idea to use the DC characters.

As has already been said here. If it was mine I would keep the original as it is and get some high res scans coloured by different artists.

Either way it your art and I am sure that whatever you decide will turn out great and I just hope you will post some more scans of the finished colour art.

Thanks for sharing. (worship)(worship)(worship)

I've used Kyle Chaney and Charlie Kirchoff to colour a couple of my pieces and was very pleased with both.

They both worked digitally with scans I provided and then just emailed me back the finished pieces which I then can print off to my arts content.

There's really no point getting the actual original hand coloured IMO, if you wanted it hand coloured you could always just make a physical copy anyway and send someone that or have them print one out from a scan and save the postage.

I mean what if the hand colouring got up in some way? It wasn't done like that with published pen and ink covers so why would you want it done like that with your commission?

and Lebowski.. go **spoon** yourself. if you don't like what's getting said you don't need to get crude, which is what you have done. Disagreement is one thing, being a ***spoon*** on purpose is another

Dude, it's HIS commission. It's HIS piece that he paid to have created. No one else really has a say on what he can or can't do with the piece. Were we discussing a published piece, my opinion would be different. And my aim was not to be crude, but rather to-the-point, which is that, as it is HIS commissioned piece, he can do what he will to the piece, despite anyone's protests.

then why be rude??

You think he's rude, yet you told him to go *spoon* himself.

Interesting.

and Lebowski.. go **spoon** yourself. if you don't like what's getting said you don't need to get crude, which is what you have done. Disagreement is one thing, being a ***spoon*** on purpose is another

Dude, it's HIS commission. It's HIS piece that he paid to have created. No one else really has a say on what he can or can't do with the piece. Were we discussing a published piece, my opinion would be different. And my aim was not to be crude, but rather to-the-point, which is that, as it is HIS commissioned piece, he can do what he will to the piece, despite anyone's protests.

then why be rude??

You think he's rude, yet you told him to go *spoon* himself.

Interesting.

In New York that means "hello."