• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody got any Strange Tales 169?

15 posts in this topic

Sci Fi Channel Plans Second Marvel Series

Brother Voodoo

January 08, 2003

The Sci Fi Channel is planning a second series based on a Marvel property, according to ZAP2it.com.  According to the report, Reveille, the company producing the series based on Strike Force Morituri (see "Sci Fi Channel Plans Marvel Series"), will also develop a series based on Brother Voodoo, featuring a psychologist who discovers he is destined to become a voodoo priest after the death of this brother. 

Of all the Marvel properties that I expected to be revenue streams.... these two were not on the list...

Nope... no one will ever want them again... tongue.gif

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone wanted them in the first place... (and I read the whole series as a kid...)

Oh I read them as a kid... and I know I enjoyed them at the time...

But it's a series I just can't see getting hot again... And if it ever starts to, there are a lot of copies that will come out of the woodwork to fill the need....

Marv Wolfman wrote it; Len Wein edited it.

I'd be more charitable and say it was as good as anything on the stands at the time-- apart from Miller's Daredevil of course-- for the first 25 or so issues. Doom Patrol completists will want it. People who collected the original Teen Titans for the great artwork by Nick Cardy and Neal Adams would probably also go for it.

Yeah, this is a small cohort compared to X-Men collectors, and probably many copies are locked away due to its over-hyping at the time, but the cartoon show can't hurt. It was good comics, and saved DC in the direct market until Alan Moore and Frank Miller came along.

Just my opinion,

Z.

Titans was the only DC book I bought at the time till Crisis (which I thought was a good jumping on point) and I never bought another new DC off the stands after that Looking back I guess it was a ripoff of the X-Men formula but as a kid Cyborg was kind of cool and Starfire had huge boobs before every other comic chick did

I think Teen Titans was a great series! Up to and including the Judas Contract, that book was one of the best out there. It's Marv Wolfman's best writing outside of Tomb Of Dracula. And Perez was incredible.

Yup, I'll also throw a plug for the Teen Titan series. Outside of his Avengers stuff, I'd have to say Perez's Teen Titans stuff is his best (although I haven't seen his new stuff which I heard good things about).

Never thought I'd see Brother Voodoo come back. Who's next, It the Living Colossus? tongue.gif