• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet Another Record

26 posts in this topic

4_6_100.gif

Thats a 20 cent Marvel right? Man I like Ghost Rider but thats nutty.

If you're paying 53% more than Chris Bell's high bid, you know you paid too much. 27_laughing.gif

4_6_100.gif

Maybe the buyer has a ton of money and he's always wanted a nice copy of the book. Maybe he doesn't mind spending 2x what a normal copy sells for. Who are you to put him down for buying what he loves? Are you a stalker???

tongue.gif

4_6_100.gif

Maybe the buyer has a ton of money and he's always wanted a nice copy of the book. Maybe he doesn't mind spending 2x what a normal copy sells for. Who are you to put him down for buying what he loves? Are you a stalker???

tongue.gif

And maybe...just maybe...the buyer has been looking for a NM copy that has " just the right amount of WHITE showing along the spine " smirk.gif

4_6_100.gif

tongue.gif

lol, thanks Bonds, well I am happy for the buyer and hope that he loves it cause he is the proud owner for a Loooooooooooooooooooong time to come.

4_6_100.gif

If you're paying 53% more than Chris Bell's high bid, you know you paid too much. 27_laughing.gif

There were TWO bidders willing to pay 50% more than Chris Bell`s highest bid. 893whatthe.gif

Another interesting thing to ponder is this is actually Ghost Rider's 8th appearance, and realistically isn't that major of a book. Keep in mind you could probably get 3 CGC 9.6's of Ghost Rider's 2nd app for the cost of this one copy. Either Ghost Rider 1 is overvalued (likely) or MS 6 is undervalued..

Brian

tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif The pot calling the kettle black 893applaud-thumb.gif

4_6_100.gif

tongue.gif

Hey! I'm the stalker! insane.gif

And maybe...just maybe...the buyer has been looking for a NM copy that has " just the right amount of WHITE showing along the spine " smirk.gif

sign-funnypost.gifthumbsup2.gif

I was the unlucky (or lucky?) second place bidder on that auction. Was the final price nuts? YES! But there are only 9 copies of that book that have graded higher as of yet. This copy also had WHITE pages. These don't come up for auction that often, so I jumped on it in anticipation of the green lighted Nicholas Cage movie coming to a theater near you. Anyway, kinda glad I lost. I'm real curious to see what comprable copies are going for at Wizard Chicago in August. Carry on friends...

Welcome to the boards!

hi.gif

It's good to see a conscientious buyer that purchases due to movie speculation.

You're just what this hobby needs.

thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the boards!

hi.gif

It's good to see a conscientious buyer that purchases due to movie speculation.

You're just what this hobby needs.

thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Another interesting thing to ponder is this is actually Ghost Rider's 8th appearance, and realistically isn't that major of a book. Keep in mind you could probably get 3 CGC 9.6's of Ghost Rider's 2nd app for the cost of this one copy. Either Ghost Rider 1 is overvalued (likely) or MS 6 is undervalued..

Gee, I wonder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Murph, you have to realize that the people bidding up books like these, are usually newbie specs, all full of pizz n vinegar about the latest movie, and have no clue where GR #1 fits into the overall scheme.

Ghost Rider = Movie Hype $$$

#1 Issue = Me Gotta Buy NOW!!!

P.S. This price is INSANE, patently INSANE, and both of the top 2 bidding wildmen should have to take an enforced break from EBay.

Gee, I wonder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Murph, you have to realize that the people bidding up books like these, are usually newbie specs, all full of pizz n vinegar about the latest movie, and have no clue where GR #1 fits into the overall scheme.

Ghost Rider = Movie Hype $$$

#1 Issue = Me Gotta Buy NOW!!!

P.S. This price is INSANE, patently INSANE, and both of the top 2 bidding wildmen should have to take an enforced break from EBay.

Does this mean Superman 1 is over valued too? He appeared in a bunch of Action's before Superman 1 came out and there are no big 1st appearances that I can think of in it.

Does this mean Superman 1 is over valued too? He appeared in a bunch of Action's before Superman 1 came out and there are no big 1st appearances that I can think of in it.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Try picking a comic that is in the same universe. Supes #1 is to GR #1 as Einstein is to you.

Try Iron Fist, Werewolf by Night, Son of Satan, etc.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Try picking a comic that is in the same universe. Supes #1 is to GR #1 as Einstein is to you.

Try Iron Fist, Werewolf by Night, Son of Satan, etc.

Actually JC I do think Superman 1 is overpriced especially considering that Batman 1 is worth less when it has both the Joker and Catwoman's 1st appearance. And JC I don't see why you always have to personally attack people.