• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAND UP TO CANCER - UPDATE - DONATION MADE!!

107 posts in this topic

Since I lost my Mother to Cancer 3 years ago, Ive donated money I've made from this great hobby, to Stand up to Cancer every year.

This year has been weak for me, so Ive come up with a Raffle idea that I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in being invloved in.

I have 39 VF/NM copies of Amazing Spiderman 129 Lions Gate reprints, and 1 VG copy of Amazing Spiderman 129

I will securely pack one book per Flat-Rate Priority envelope, and sell each one for $40 shipped.

100% of the profit will be donated to Stand Up For Cancer in The Comic Collectors Society's name!

All I need is 40 interested people to make this work. Payment could be made anyway you see fit.

To keep everything honest (though my reputaion speaks for itself :acclaim: ) The 40 people would have to post the :takeit: so everyone knows whos in. Then the winner would have to post that they won. I will also post the reciept I get after the donation is made

Any thoughts :foryou:

:takeit:

I commend the initiative.

I lost my mother to breast cancer 2 years ago. She was 64. It has taken other members of my family as well... my aunt at 42 and my grandmother last year. I will donate. Not interested in the comic. PM me.

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words. I wouldnt accept any money unless all 40 books sold

My Mother In-Law was diagnosed 2yrs ago with Breast and Lung, and they just found it traveled to her Brain. She was given 6 months, so we will be losing her soon. This Cancer is a real :censored: What a horrible and demeaning way to go

Im surprised as Generous as Boardies seem to be, there is no interest, Not even any comments.

Is $40 too much? Is it a bad idea? Is everyone at the SDCC? (shrug)

I will be making a donation on my own, I just thought this would be a good way to make a larger donation to try and make some kind of difference with this horrific disease

Im surprised as Generous as Boardies seem to be, there is no interest, Not even any comments.

:(

I have seen quite a few examples of board generosity so I hope that this won't be an exception.

I'm sure this thread skipped everyone's attention so I'll go ahead and bump the thread to give it a second time around. :wishluck:

Sorry for your Mother-in-Law. :sorry:

If Cancer were a man, I'd f**king kill him with extreme prejudice. :mad:

Hey - my wife has been battling primary then metastatic breast cancer for 10 yrs.

She's in remission and has been for 5 years - and is not currently on any form of medication.

The docs can't explain it - she should have been dead 8 yrs ago.

If it wasn't for the treatment she recieved I'm sure she would be.

Put me down for one - I'll pay the extra postage to Australia.

Andy

I'm in. I saw my brother whither away in front of my eyes over an 18 month period. He died surrounded by all his loved ones...thankfully I made it in time to see him go. I eulogized him and blessed his grave site as he was buried among his fellow soldiers. It's a bastich of a disease and something a human being should never go through.

Dan,

I just wanted to offer my support for your fundraising. I'm currently in the final stages of battling a rare form of sarcoma which is terminal. Iv already made it past my expiry date and I'm currently taking each day at a time and as tough as it is psyically and mentally making the most out of my time with my family (I have 4 and 1 year old boys). I think it's great that so many people on the boards support others in any fundrising for worthwhile causes and cancer has to be the one that effects so many people.

I'm in the uk so don't think I can be included in the raffle as all of the money would go to the post office but if I can help in anyway please let me know.

Best wishes

Jamie

Send me a Paypal address for a donation.  Don't need you to send me a book.

Dan,

I just wanted to offer my support for your fundraising. I'm currently in the final stages of battling a rare form of sarcoma which is terminal. Iv already made it past my expiry date and I'm currently taking each day at a time and as tough as it is psyically and mentally making the most out of my time with my family (I have 4 and 1 year old boys). I think it's great that so many people on the boards support others in any fundrising for worthwhile causes and cancer has to be the one that effects so many people.

I'm in the uk so don't think I can be included in the raffle as all of the money would go to the post office but if I can help in anyway please let me know.

Best wishes

Jamie

Thanks for the offer Jamie -

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Cherish every day you can with those boys!