• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Is Your Favorite Comic-Related Possession?

64 posts in this topic

Original full page Carl Barks inked original from 1945 Silent Night censored story in mint cond. Hopefully another 1952 Barks original half page from Trick or Treat in a month or so (fingers crossed deal will go through).

Some of my favoutite comic-related possessions are:

1) Both Marvel Value Stamp books with all the stamps!

2) DC and Marvel stickers from Our Way Studios.

3) Various Marvel binders from the 1970s featuring various comic covers.

blush.gif

Maybe, but Greggy's writing from north of the border.

The internet is like the wild, wild west. tongue.gif

This is probably a stretch too... my ticket stub from the New York Shakespeare Fesitival production of The Winter's Tale signed by Christopher Reeve in March of 1989. He played Polixenes, Mandy Patankin played Leontes. I remember during the entire show thinking 'that's Superman'. Afterwards, I knew a buddy that worked backstage and helped me run into Mr. Reeve. He scribbled his name on my comp. ticket and I was one happy comic book/theatre guy! Dan.

A beautiful Capt. America #109 that belonged to my younger brother, Transformer Mini #1 from the 80's (bought at a 7-11 no less!!!) , Original Batman Panels autographed by Giordano, and some autographed Mike Zeck Punisher Mini Series Lithos..... These are the cherished.....

D-

As far as comic related stuff, I think the Hulk -Green Statue that was released last year is one of the coolest statues out there....so that would be my favorite.

Comic -wise, my Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.4 and the Hulk Annual # 1 CGC 9.4 would probably be my favorites.

Hmmm....

My Fav. Comic is my FF #57 (8.0). First back issue I ever bought (not this copy), and best issue ever! Will never leave the collection.

Related items: Pencil sketch of "The Mask", but more for the fight i got into with the artist than anything. Ahhh, sweet memories! smile.gif

Favorite Cartoon Item: Krusty the Clown Talking Doll from Halloween Episode.

Chris

If you're talking about the Mead binders with sliding rings, they are tremendous. I used to have my comic inventory in the FF one back in the late '70's -early 80's. Those are a bunch of great covers. If I remember, they include the Buckler FF cover with the Inhumans, the Spidey Tarantula cover, Cap 200 Madbomb cover-damn, that's all I can recall. I have a couple of Mead spiral notebooks and folders with Marvel covers buried somewhere in my collection, but have no idea where they are. Great items.

The ones I have currently are:

Fantastic Four 159

Amazing Spider-Man 135

Avengers 141

Hulk 192

and a couple of others. I'll scan tonight and put them up. The interesting thing is that they have comic panels on the insides that don't match the covers. For example, the ASM 135 folder has inside panels from ASM 151.

Btw: ALWAYS looking for cool 1975-1978 Marvel licensed products. Ahhh, misbegotten youth!

The short/simple answer to this question is my Hulk 1. Out of the realm of actual comic books, I have this interesting item. This is a pencil rough for Carl Barks' "Christmas for Shacktown" oil painting. Classic Barks' story where H/L/D, through childish ingenuity, retrieve Scrooge's money which had fallen through the bottom of his money bin into a deep pit. In return, Scrooge funds a party for the poor kids of "Shacktown", who otherwise would not have had any presents at Christmas. (This thing is huge, so I had to scan it in 4 pieces, and reduce it so I apologize for the poor scan).

barksa.jpg