• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

1,012 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the trilogy for what it was. The best batman movies/series ever IMHO. I loved all three. Gives me the chills how good it was. Could there have been something's done better? Yes nothing is perfect. It's amazing from being a little kid liking batman, to having him basically come to life. For everyone that can't take that this happened and that happened, it a movie about a man dressed as a bat!!!! Take it for what it is and enjoy it instead of asking " we'll if he jumps off a roof wouldn't he die?). Who cares stop over thinking it and you will enjoy it more. I see more people saying Avengers was better. Ok so a man who transforms into a giant green beast, and normal humans falling off flying spaceship gliders from an alien attack is more believable and doesn't have "plot holes"????lol

Are you maybe not understanding what a plot hole is?

Are you? :baiting:

I enjoyed the trilogy for what it was. The best batman movies/series ever IMHO. I loved all three. Gives me the chills how good it was. Could there have been something's done better? Yes nothing is perfect. It's amazing from being a little kid liking batman, to having him basically come to life. For everyone that can't take that this happened and that happened, it a movie about a man dressed as a bat!!!! Take it for what it is and enjoy it instead of asking " we'll if he jumps off a roof wouldn't he die?). Who cares stop over thinking it and you will enjoy it more. I see more people saying Avengers was better. Ok so a man who transforms into a giant green beast, and normal humans falling off flying spaceship gliders from an alien attack is more believable and doesn't have "plot holes"????lol

Are you maybe not understanding what a plot hole is?

Are you? :baiting:

Are YOU??? hm think about it...

i dont need telling how he got back to Gotham, maybe the autopilot on the "Bat" what he fixed got him there? maybe he has a tracking device and it picked him up? its fiction, use your imagination

i would love to read (if there is one) the -script if Ledger hadn't died, because you know he was bringing Joker back

I think the plot holes in TDKR were really glaring because they didn't take as much time developing them inside the storyline? They just rushed these points, and it made the film look sloppily put together in terms of it's timeline.

Bruce Wayne, diversified billionaire broke and can't pay his power bill within several days? That delivery may have worked with audiences 30 years ago, but it doesn't work today - audiences are smarter and expected to be treated as intelligent viewers.

It's not a matter of overthinking, or suspending your belief - plot holes like that are incredibly distracting because they are unrealistic. Yes, a big green monster is unrealistic, too - but in the case of The Hulk, we have to suspend belief in something that is clearly not real. Money is real. How money is accrued is real. I have money, you have money, people know how money works. To simplify it to the point that Nolan did is not a competent way of storytelling. And everyone knows this, except for rabid fans of TDKR.

I think the plot holes in TDKR were really glaring because they didn't take as much time developing them inside the storyline? They just rushed these points, and it made the film look sloppily put together in terms of it's timeline.

Bruce Wayne, diversified billionaire broke and can't pay his power bill within several days? That delivery may have worked with audiences 30 years ago, but it doesn't work today - audiences are smarter and expected to be treated as intelligent viewers.

It's not a matter of overthinking, or suspending your belief - plot holes like that are incredibly distracting because they are unrealistic. Yes, a big green monster is unrealistic, too - but in the case of The Hulk, we have to suspend belief in something that is clearly not real. Money is real. How money is accrued is real. I have money, you have money, people know how money works. To simplify it to the point that Nolan did is not a competent way of storytelling. And everyone knows this, except for rabid fans of TDKR.

um....if i dont pay my bills my electric goes straight off

Yes, a big green monster is unrealistic, too - but in the case of The Hulk, we have to suspend belief in something that is clearly not real.

Agreed.

But that’s not what I touched upon.

My point was nitpicking and so called plotholes. Which is why I mentioned about Banner knowing where the Avengers team were precisely in New York, how he can now control his anger and suddenly he is a "team player" rather then trying to slap them all silly like he did earlier in the film. I suspend disbelief with the Avengers because its a movie about super power beings, that doesn't mean the writers can then go and do silly things, which they did in the Avengers a few times.

I agree about TDKR, the beginning of the plot regarding stealing Bruce Waynes prints allows the introduction of Catwoman and I enjoyed the story as to why she did it in the first place.

What Waynes finger prints are used for is a bit hokey, not disputing that. But to me, thats the only large "plot hole" if you will, I encountered in the movie and it did not distract me at all... I was like... hmmm, ok... the same way I had to be with alot of Skyfall.

No it doesn't. You get bills for months, possibly late fees, I'm not sure what the laws are. But I'm pretty sure they can't turn off your electricity if you don't pay for a couple days.

No it doesn't. You get bills for months, possibly late fees, I'm not sure what the laws are. But I'm pretty sure they can't turn off your electricity if you don't pay for a couple days.

Regardless... its not a plot-hole. Its a nitpick.

Yes, a big green monster is unrealistic, too - but in the case of The Hulk, we have to suspend belief in something that is clearly not real.

Agreed.

My point was nitpicking and so called plotholes. Which is why I mentioned about Banner knowing where the Avengers team were precisely in New York, how he can now control his anger and suddenly he is a "team player" rather then trying to slap them all silly like he did earlier in the film. I suspend disbelief with the Avengers because its a movie about super power beings, that doesn't mean the writers can then go and do silly things, which they did in the Avengers a few times.

I agree about TDKR, the beginning of the plot regarding stealing Bruce Waynes prints allows the introduction of Catwoman and I enjoyed the story as to why she did it in the first place.

What Waynes finger prints are used for is a bit hokey, not disputing that. But to me, thats the only large "plot hole" if you will, I encountered in the movie and it did not distract me at all... I was like... hmmm, ok... the same way I had to be with alot of Skyfall.

The "I'm always angry" thing is the most irritating plot fail I've seen in just about any halfway decent superhero movie. It's ridiculous, it completely defeats the whole point of the Hulk, and it doesn't even make sense.

But back to TDKR...How about the whole back issue? What exactly was wrong with his back? A vertebra was sticking out? That sounds pretty serious. All you have to do is punch it and hang from a rope for a day or so?

How did everyone know that Wayne was Batman? The Robin/cop dude knew it cuz he's an orphan? That's pretty dumb. How did Bane know? How did Talia know? Did Liam tell them? When? While he was terrorizing Gotham in the first movie? He called them or something, to tell them?

Regardless... its not a plot-hole. Its a nitpick.

It's dumb. You see it on screen, and it takes you out of the movie for a moment while you mock it to the friend sitting next to you.

Ugh, and that whole prison in a pit? With no guards? Why don't the inmates get rescued? Why don't they pile up the furniture and climb out?

O, and did Bane take time out from his weird business in Gotham to fly Bruce to Dirkadirkastan himself? Why? To rud a bit of salt in the wound? Why not just mock him from the CC TV set he put up for him?

Again, it's a radical plot hole, but it's dumb, and it takes you out of the world the movie's trying to create.

Agreed.

The "I'm always angry" thing is the most irritating plot fail I've seen in just about any halfway decent superhero movie. It's ridiculous, it completely defeats the whole point of the Hulk, and it doesn't even make sense.

But back to TDKR...How about the whole back issue? What exactly was wrong with his back? A vertebra was sticking out? That sounds pretty serious. All you have to do is punch it and hang from a rope for a day or so?

How did everyone know that Wayne was Batman? The Robin/cop dude knew it cuz he's an orphan? That's pretty dumb. How did Bane know? How did Talia know? Did Liam tell them? When? While he was terrorizing Gotham in the first movie? He called them or something, to tell them?

Yes the back thing is a bit "iffy" but I got the impression that he would have been hanging in that rope alot longer then 2 days.

If you can't figure out most of that for yourself maybe you should be watching "Batman & Robin" :baiting:

:jokealert:

To be honest Robin figuring out who Batman was, wasn't too much of a stretch of the imagination for me at least. Nolan appears to have given enough intelligence and insight to that character to have figured it out in his "real world" scenario, other then combing his hair the other way and taking off his glasses, most people in superhero films appear to be morons. Don't forget that Tim Drake worked out who batman & robin were with about the same information as the Robin in TDKR had.

Do you really need it spelled out in the film how Talia & Bane know who Bruce is? Being a part of the league of shadows would tell me all I need to know.

Only Bane was ex-communicated, Talia wasn't. While she was not part of Ra's operation on Gotham in Batman Begins she must know who Bruce Wayne was and what he represented in Gotham. Ra's knew this before going to Gotham, most of the league of shadows would have done as well which included Talia.

Ugh, and that whole prison in a pit? With no guards? Why don't the inmates get rescued? Why don't they pile up the furniture and climb out?

O, and did Bane take time out from his weird business in Gotham to fly Bruce to Dirkadirkastan himself? Why? To rud a bit of salt in the wound? Why not just mock him from the CC TV set he put up for him?

Again, it's a radical plot hole, but it's dumb, and it takes you out of the world the movie's trying to create.

Dude.... your really REALLY stretching for what is a "plot hole".

Bruce Wayne, diversified billionaire broke and can't pay his power bill within several days?

That made sense to me for two reasons--primarily because Bruce didn't even have keys to his own house, so any personal management tasks were things that while he could accomplish were just never on his radar and went undone after Alfred left. That doesn't explain why the power company would decide to cut it so quickly, but given the amount of power a huge house like that draws, it occurred to me that they weren't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not he'd be able to pay a multi-thousand dollar power bill knowing what had become of him.

villains in movie history dont do things logically, Bond villains set up strange contraptions to kill him instead of ending it, you know why? because is he died then the film would end, yes he flew him out himself why not? he has nothing but time and again ITS NOT HIS PLAN! its Talia's so he didn't need to be in Gotham since she was.

regarding the Avengers. didn't the whole climax have a pretty big plothole? why would Selvig make a safety in the portal if he was under Loki's "control"?

The problem with nitpicking plot holes is that more often than not, there are explanations for what appears to be a plot hole that just doesn't occur to you. Some things you KNOW are impossible, but most often, you just can't be sure there's not an explanation. Whenever there's doubt, it's best to just ignore it and research it later if it's that big a deal to you, but I know some people aren't capable of that and prefer to assume the director screwed up. (shrug) There are a lot of potential holes being referenced over the last few pages which may or may not actually be holes.

Bruce's vertebrae being knocked back into place by banging him on the back is a glaring plot hole--that's just not going to happen. Some of the others...not so sure. The pit hole looked awfully tall to stack stuff up for climbing out.