• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

1,012 posts in this topic

Let me guess: it's going to have a $900 million opening weekend, going to cure anyone who sees it of cancer, and make every Copper Age Batman comic book in VF or higher worth $200 each.

I am looking forward to seeing it, but man - it's halfway through the summer and I'm already sick of the ever-increasing hype for each movie that comes out.

According to fanboys and pundits:

AVENGERS IS TEH AWESOME OMG 11!WTFBBQ

Then:

PROMOTEHOUSEUS IS SOOOOOOOO AMAZING ITS THE GREATEST THINKING MOVIE EVAR. WAY BETTER THAN AVENGERS!!!

Then:

AMAZING SPIDERMAN MAKES RAIMI LOOK LIKE DAY OLD EGGS ON TOAST YEAH SUCK IT YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS - WAY BETTER THAN PROMOTEHSUSY!!!

Now:

OMG AFTER I SAW BATMAN I PUNCHED MY GRANDMA IN THE FACE TOTALLY BANE STYLE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M BATMAN - SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN AMAZING EYEBROWS!

Ugh. Each movie is getting progressively lamer with each gushing review. I still believe Batman will be awesome, but I really can't listen to anymore platitudes about Summer blockbusters.

Peter Travers from Rolling Stone...

Big-time Hollywood filmmaking at its most massively accomplished, this last installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy makes everything in the rival Marvel universe look thoroughly silly and childish.

It's at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes with 29 reviews in.

Ice Age is at 40% and beat the crud out of ASM this weekend. What difference does that make? TDKR is gonna be great, I don't think it matters what the critics are saying.

Ice Age is at 40% and beat the crud out of ASM this weekend. What difference does that make? TDKR is gonna be great, I don't think it matters what the critics are saying.

58%? (shrug)

Ice Age is at 40% and beat the crud out of ASM this weekend. What difference does that make?

I don't give a cr@p what the box office take is. I just want to see a good movie.

Big-time Hollywood filmmaking at its most massively accomplished, this last installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy makes everything in the rival Marvel universe look thoroughly silly and childish.

Haha. Travers is trying way too hard.

Ice Age is at 40% and beat the crud out of ASM this weekend. What difference does that make?

I don't give a cr@p what the box office take is. I just want to see a good movie.

(thumbs u

I'm with ya on that. I'm excited to see it!

Ugh. Each movie is getting progressively lamer with each gushing review. I still believe Batman will be awesome, but I really can't listen to anymore platitudes about Summer blockbusters.

You should've saved your grumpy old man speech for a thread that WASN'T covering what will likely be widely considered the finest superhero film of the year. :preach::makepoint:

doh!

These are the cheap type of reviews that really bug me. They suggest that there is only one right way to make a superhero movie. Avengers was a great movie. Batman will be a great movie, too, but in a different way. Batman's narrative style takes nothing away from the Avengers's success and won't make the Avengers look silly and childish. :sumo:

You should've saved your grumpy old man speech for a thread that WASN'T covering what will be widely considered the finest superhero film of the year. :preach::makepoint:

6830530662_e4b07e0d0a.jpg

I wanted to be the first guy to start the shltstorm. However, I totally agree that the trilogy is an amazing accomplishment for comic movies in terms of style and storytelling. I'm just tired of the (all) the hype around the movies this summer.

doh!

These are the cheap type of reviews that really bug me. They suggest that there is only one right way to make a superhero movie. Avengers was a great movie. Batman will be a great movie, too, but in a different way. Batman's narrative style takes nothing away from the Avengers's success and won't make the Avengers look silly and childish. :sumo:

:applause:

Agreed, this is what people need to understand.

Just saw this on TIME's website:

Make way, puny Avengers

Can't compare the films. Different types of movies. Just because, they both are featuring superhero or comics book character's doesn't make them in the same category. I prefer Avengers mainly but enjoyed this as well. Just like I enjoy reading both Marvel and DC.

Just saw this on TIME's website:

*SPOILERS!!!!!!

Make way, puny Avengers

:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: