• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con (Nov. 3 & 4, 2012)

64 posts in this topic

Long Beach Comic Con (Nov. 3 & 4, 2012)

longbeachcomiccon.com

GUESTS

Eric Basaldua

Joe Benitez

Bernard Chang

Amanda Conner

David Finch

Joel Gomez

Tom Hodges

Drew Johnson

Trent Kaniuga

JT Krul

Mike McKone

Mike Mignola

Dustin Nguyen

Jimmy Palmiotti

Brandon Peterson

Beth Sotelo

Len Wein

Looking forwards to this event this year since I should be able to actually see everything on the floor compared to SDCC. Only wish Marvel and DC would actually set-up at this show as they did at Wondercon-Anaheim which showed that there are tons of actual comic fans in the LA/OC area.

LBCC meet and greet? I've never attending one of the SDCC ones, or Wondercon, but if someone can find a restaurant that i'd like to eat at, i'd be down to meet up for an hour/hour and a half.

Bunch of great creators just added:

Howard Chaykin

Todd Nauck

Len Wein

Carlos D'Anda

Ray-Anthony Height

Marat Mychaels

Steve Niles

Norm Rapmund

Richard Starkings

Peter Steigerwald

Joe Weems

LBCC meet and greet? I've never attending one of the SDCC ones, or Wondercon, but if someone can find a restaurant that i'd like to eat at, i'd be down to meet up for an hour/hour and a half.

There is a Rock Bottom two blocks away. The Renaissance Hotel is across the street from RB and has a restaurant also. There are a few others in the area.

This will be the 4th year (I have exhibited at all including the spring Expos) and can say that Phil and Martha work really hard to make this somewhat smaller Convention a good experience. There will not be a lot of vintage comic books in the room although I try my best and Terry O'Neill will be there as well. Phil Schlafer and Brian Peets of A-1 Comics have also exhibited in the past.

As always, shoot me a PM on any books you are looking for- you never know, I might just have what you are looking for.

Ed Robertson

This convention location has great parking (reasonable rates for covered parking), is easy to drive to within Southern California (not located in the congested Downtown LA area where the convention center is and traffic is a nightmare) and has an amazing diverse range of food choices to eat that is walking distance at that are affordable and good quality.

It's probably one of my favorite convention venues I've ever been to.

Heads up to anyone planning to get a hotel for the LBCC in November. The Marriott Renaissance is sold out for the week-end. The Hyatt is the preferred hotel offering a $130 rate; however, I would not wait as I am not sure how many rooms have been blocked off for the Con. With the Renaissance sold out, the Hyatt may sell out the entire block fairly quickly.

Great guest list will push the interest as well so don't delay if you are planning on coming.

Hey guys just curious, is this a CA dealer show (not that that is a bad thing), but I can drive an hour to see Heroes and Comic Collector Shop. Besides Terry is anyone else slated to set up, or to put it another way if you had to drive up to NorCal for this exact same type of show is it worth it for the SA/BA back issues?

Hey guys just curious, is this a CA dealer show (not that that is a bad thing), but I can drive an hour to see Heroes and Comic Collector Shop. Besides Terry is anyone else slated to set up, or to put it another way if you had to drive up to NorCal for this exact same type of show is it worth it for the SA/BA back issues?

I think it all depends on what you are looking for. I come from Phoenix and have previously mentioned that I will have 60-70 long boxes plus around 10 cgc boxes of slabs that are almost all SA and BA, with some GA as well. If you would like to pm me some of the titles or specific issues you need, I can let you know what I am bringing. I am not sure of any other non CA dealers but there should be quite a few SoCal dealers.

Ed R

While the dealers I can think of in the SA/BA arena are mostly California, I think a number of them are Southern Cal dealers who don't always drive up to the NorCal shows. Plus, I can tell you from lots of browsing at his booth that Ed Robertson brings a TON of cool stuff to the shows he sets up at. :) Good selection, fair prices, I think Ed coupled with Phil/Alan from Comic Collector & Heroes, plus Terry's Comics, Comic Wise, Steve Wyatt, F-VF Comics, and a few SoCal regulars will help ensure a nice mix of SA/BA in the room. (Now, I'm not sure how many of these dealers are coming this year, but I am hopeful a good number are)

Which reminds me, I need to get my room at the Hyatt. Thanks for the reminder Ed! :)

Heads up to anyone planning to get a hotel for the LBCC in November. The Marriott Renaissance is sold out for the week-end. The Hyatt is the preferred hotel offering a $130 rate; however, I would not wait as I am not sure how many rooms have been blocked off for the Con. With the Renaissance sold out, the Hyatt may sell out the entire block fairly quickly.

Great guest list will push the interest as well so don't delay if you are planning on coming.

If anyone needs help with a hotel about 15 mins away, one of my work's cooperate sponsors has a great hotel friends and family rate. Boardies fall under that category. PM for details if interested.

Going to purchase my tickets and wanted to know if anyone had a promotional code to use.

Do NOT pre-order tickets online. I've made that mistake 2 years in a row. While you wait in a long, disorganized line for an hour or more, you'll fume as walk ups stroll in, buy a ticket & head right on inside.