• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best Batman Story Ever Final poll link in first post!

91 posts in this topic

I did a search and this was done before, but not quite like I plan to do it. (The last one was started by a guy who made up a comic book store and a mentally challenged brother.) Since The Dark Knight Rises is being released Friday, I wanted to see what the boards consider to be the best Batman story ever.

Post here what you consider to be the best. On Friday night, (because I don't want to brave the IMAX theater here on opening night) I will put the top ten choices into a poll and everyone will vote on their favorite.

Sound good?

Click here for the poll.

Final Poll

a few nominees:

Batman #251 "The Joker's Five way Revenge" by Denny ONeill

Batman: Year One by Miller

Batman: The Long Halloween by Loeb

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Miller

Year One being an obvious choice, but Prey was a really good story, Dark Victory is a personal favourite of mine, JLA Tower of Babel if you count that as a Batman book, it's hard to keep away from choosing the popular books

Detective 471-476 by Steve Englehart & Marshall Rogers. Collected as "Strange Apparitions," also known as the Dark Detective run.

Batman 232 + 242, 243, 244 by Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, Giordano, Irv Novick. The original Ras al Ghul saga.

other than the usual "Frank Millar" stories. a few that come to mind are:

"Venom"- from issues #16-20 of Legends of the Dark Knight series.

"Blind Justice"

"Blink" from issues #156-158 of L.O.T.D.K.

"Venom"- from issues #16-20 of Legends of the Dark Knight series.

Love that story. Very under-appreciated.