• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Comic Shops in NYC

31 posts in this topic

Is Cosmic Comics the shop tucked away on the first floor of a building? If so, I bought some sweet Tec's and ASM's there about ten years ago. You need to ask to see stuff though, as all the good stuff was kept behind the counter, as the shop is quite small.

cosmic comics has changed ownership, but i don't think it has changed much, i'm surprised to read it doesn't have much in the way of old stuff as the new owner's sister store in brooklyn does carry a lot of vintage stuff (although priced too close to guide to interest me much generally speaking). maybe they moved the inventory to brooklyn (which used to be the monster factory, it is a small shop at one end of a neighborhood that has 3 other shops)

joe koch's avalanche of wonder. it is, however, in a remote/isolated part of brooklyn that is probably a PITA to get to by train. if/when I go I drive.

midtown's prices aren't bad when they have their 40% off sale, which seems to rotate between the stores. timing is everything.

joe koch's avalanche of wonder. it is, however, in a remote/isolated part of brooklyn that is probably a PITA to get to by train. if/when I go I drive.

midtown's prices aren't bad when they have their 40% off sale, which seems to rotate between the stores. timing is everything.

I've actually gone to Koch's and he seems to do the warehouse sale once every few months. It is a really weird place to go to, because when I went me and my friend were literally the only customers in the entire warehouse that was loaded with easily 100,000+ comics. It is also hidden in Brooklyn. There aren't too many old comics in the warehouse and the prices aren't anything too great either.

I'd also suggest St Mark's Comics. They aren't too bad. That or you can just go into NJ and see some real comic stores. lol

Is Koch open to the public? I thought he only opened up once a quarter or something llike that.

I've randomly wandered in there when I happened to be in that neck of the woods. Sometimes they're open, sometimes not. If you call in advance they will tell you.

with that said, unless you are taking the train to coney island or something, there is absolutely no reason why anyone visiting NYC would have any reason to be remotely near there

Time Machine in Chelsea. 'Nuff said.

Roger's Time Machine is a true old school comic store. Worth the visit.

yes yes & one more yes.

More yes. Roger FTW!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Will be checking out Roger's for sure (its close to where I'm staying), and contacted Metro about an appointment. Will probably check out the other stores too, but I'll have a pretty busy schedule as I'm in town to hopefully get a new job.

Time Machine in Chelsea. 'Nuff said.

Roger's Time Machine is a true old school comic store. Worth the visit.

Totally. If you're just looking for high grade comics at high grade prices, this isn't your spot. If you're looking for a store where you can spend a few fun hours going through tons of awesome comics, run by a chill guy who's been in the biz forever, Roger's is the goods.