• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mind Mgmt

1,577 posts in this topic

Awesome thelastworld!!!!!

I need to buy one piece of OA..... (know I will become an OA addict..... My name is Ryan and I'm addicted to OA).

It's very addicting. Be selective and don't buy anything just because 'its cool' or you'll be hemorrhaging money.

The best feeling is buying a page from a childhood favorite comic.

I need to buy one piece of OA..... (know I will become an OA addict..... My name is Ryan and I'm addicted to OA).

If you are going to buy a Mind MGMT page, I'd do it soon, the primary market is starting to dry up with most of the "a list" pages getting snagged quickly. And I am sure the secondary market will have a big mark up, if they even ever do go on sale.

If you are going to buy a Mind MGMT page, I'd do it soon, the primary market is starting to dry up with most of the "a list" pages getting snagged quickly. And I am sure the secondary market will have a big mark up, if they even ever do go on sale.

hm

So tough... OA or SA/BA/Modern Key :juggle:

Matt Kindt's OA is so unique that I think you really need at least 3 pieces for it to look good if you are displaying it. I have 2 so far (first arc and DHP) and I am shopping around in this arc. I don't really care if I get an important page. Just something I like.

Matt Kindt's art, to me, is timeless. Sort of like the classic New Yorker magazine.

Would love to own some of his artwork. But that would mean I'd have to sell my kids and sacrifice my other hobbies. Too many expenses :)

hm

I've had this debate with myself and I vacillate. If I were not on my phone right now, I could write you a thesis on my thoughts. Short answer is: it depends

hm

I've had this debate with myself and I vacillate. If I were not on my phone right now, I could write you a thesis on my thoughts. Short answer is: it depends

I am pretty bias as an art collector. But my logic is Matt Knidt will never draw another copy of issue 1 page 4. OA is truly 1 of a kind....

And buying art from the artist directly (or their rep) truly supports them directly.

And for something like this series... you can get a NICE page for $300, or a cover for $800ish....

Considering the cost to get key issues, that's fairly nominal. but it's also not apples to apples, because a page from a key issue is going to start in the 15-20k range these days.

hm

I am pretty bias as an art collector. But my logic is Matt Knidt will never draw another copy of issue 1 page 4. OA is truly 1 of a kind....

And buying art from the artist directly (or their rep) truly supports them directly.

And for something like this series... you can get a NICE page for $300, or a cover for $800ish....

Considering the cost to get key issues, that's fairly nominal. but it's also not apples to apples, because a page from a key issue is going to start in the 15-20k range these days.

My interest lie more in collecting OA than keys and my statement was generalized & not a reflection of Matt's work (I just happen to be expressing an opinion in the MM thread). BUT, if I had to choose - for example - between spending 3k on a decent AF15 or a walking dead cover, I'll go with the AF15.

Are they really up to $300 now? Good for him. Bad for me. Probably around issue 3-4 they were $125. When the first arc finished they were $175. And last time I bought something, which was probably end of February, they were $225-250 depending on the page.

Ok I've never read the title but I gots a question....

It's listed as Mind MGMT (mind management).

It's basically a story of a writer who is investigating a series of unusual events and discovers a secret organization called, Mind MGMT. This organization is a group of gifted individuals that possess abilities to perform feats with their minds (healing, mind control, etc.).

You should really (really) read it...

http://www.amazon.com/MIND-MGMT-Volume-Matt-Kindt/dp/1595827978/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367601504&sr=8-1&keywords=mind+mgmt