• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A good day

4 posts in this topic

After completing my 30 cent Marvel variant set, I've been pretty disillusioned with trips to cons and LCS's, and picking up overgraded crud on ebay. And I mostly like raw books and won't pay nosebleed prices (it's amazing how having a child will change your priorities).

Well, finally, I had a fun day hunting for books and had to share it. Went to a nearby store and found a slew of underpriced high grade books (9.2-9.6). Some real bronze age gems, especially the 20 cent Marvels:

Marvel Triple Action: 7, 9 (very tough white covers, with gorgeous new cover art)

Hero For Hire: 7, 10, 15

Master of Kung Fu: 42, 43, 44, 47,49,50 (only 1.50 each)

Thor 209, 214,220, 224

Marvel Super Action: 9, 13

Marvel Tales 83 (a favorite childhood cover)

The best part is that the total was only $50 bucks for some of the sharpest 20cent books I've seen in a long time. The lot included several very tough black covers with razor sharp corners. It's not so much that I got a bargain, it's that I'm pretty sick of seeing every raw NM priced as if they were slabbed. It was just great going to a store with a significant back issue selection and seeing the occasional NM books that weren't grossly over-priced. Too often the money involved sucks the fun out of it.

Too often the money involved sucks the fun out of it.

Agreed, and since I'm not dumb enough to buy all this "comics are investments" bullcrap, it's getting tougher and tougher to rationalize buying books anymore.

Glad you found some fair buys. 893applaud-thumb.gif