• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What title/issue has the most infamous rep for the worst QP???

23 posts in this topic

Having spent over 20 years in the printing business, production flaws hit me over the head in the worst way. The bindery workers can totally slaughter a perfect print job. Because of the different stages and departments that control the project you can almost gaurantee errors whether it be typo,out of registration, miscut,etc. I think the original art in some cases (TOS39) should have been reduced 3% to allow for the quotation marks to appear on the finished product. Blame the art dept not giving the bindery too many options on that one.

Roy is right on with DD7, that book is a disaster.

I've spent 20+ years in the printing industry too (I'm a printer) and I can't understand how these books were accepted as a good quality product. Obviously comic books were treated as something that was unimportant in the 70's. Even junk mail these days is a top quality job that would be thrown back at you if you gave it to the customer with a horrible miss wrap, creasing, bad registration etc.

Even some modern comic books have really bad production faults (set off etc.)and I can't understand how they passed through the production process.

Here lately (and I don't think it is possible) I have been looking for

nice Marvel Team up 33 and 34 with decent centering...

Every decent copy I have seen is off register in grade.

Is there a list of the worst offenders?

What has the worst QP and the most difficult finding a copy in grade with

decent QP?

hm

I have these (raw) and not ultra high grade, but I'll check the centering...hmmm.

:juggle: