• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What title/issue has the most infamous rep for the worst QP???

23 posts in this topic

Here lately (and I don't think it is possible) I have been looking for

nice Marvel Team up 33 and 34 with decent centering...

Every decent copy I have seen is off register in grade.

Is there a list of the worst offenders?

What has the worst QP and the most difficult finding a copy in grade with

decent QP?

hm

Daredevil #7.

Staple tears (usually on back cover to staple), printer wrinkles, spine stress from the printer wrinkle, printer creases, Marvel chips, ink transfer from stacking, trapezoidal cut (not square), miswraps, off centre staples - many copies have all of these defects on one copy.

I have yet to find another book with the same problems.

Here lately (and I don't think it is possible) I have been looking for

nice Marvel Team up 33 and 34 with decent centering...

Every decent copy I have seen is off register in grade.

Is there a list of the worst offenders?

What has the worst QP and the most difficult finding a copy in grade with

decent QP?

hm

I have these (raw) and not ultra high grade, but I'll check the centering...hmmm.

This is an interesting thread. It's mainly bronze books i find. Strange that they could produce comics just fine before and after yet in the 70's they couldn't.

For big keys books like X-Men 94, Hulk 181, GS X-Men 1, Iron Man 55 are really tough to find with good centering.

SA books have the front-to-back miswrap more often but that doesn't bother me as much.

What's the worst miswrap you've ever seen on a book? Post scans!

Having spent over 20 years in the printing business, production flaws hit me over the head in the worst way. The bindery workers can totally slaughter a perfect print job. Because of the different stages and departments that control the project you can almost gaurantee errors whether it be typo,out of registration, miscut,etc. I think the original art in some cases (TOS39) should have been reduced 3% to allow for the quotation marks to appear on the finished product. Blame the art dept not giving the bindery too many options on that one.

Roy is right on with DD7, that book is a disaster.

Amazing Spider-Man #104 is notoriously hard to find with nice centering. I've only seen one really nice copy of that book (namisgr's copy that he sold a few years ago).

With the MTU #33 that you mentioned, I've never seen a copy without a mis-cut.

Anything Charlton in the Bronze Age
I don't know how pervasive Charlton's printing problems were, but I've seen stuff in Charlton's that I've never seen anywhere else. I have a Charlton comic that was folded inside out before the cover was stapled on, so that what should have been the first story appears on the right hand side of the centerfold, with the indicia at the bottom.

Amazing Spider-Man #104 is notoriously hard to find with nice centering. I've only seen one really nice copy of that book (namisgr's copy that he sold a few years ago).

Agreed. When I spotted this one in a bin it became a keeper figuring I'd never find a better one.

:cloud9:

Nevermind, photobucket ain't working.

:mad:

This is an interesting thread. It's mainly bronze books i find. Strange that they could produce comics just fine before and after yet in the 70's they couldn't.

Was it the sheer quantity of books published and lack of Quality control?