• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worldwide Comics

114 posts in this topic

I guess Matt has some pretty important friends to get that thread poofed. :kidaround:

Yuh!!!

He must actually respond to their emails meh

BWAHAHAHAHhahahahHAHAHAHAHhahaha! :roflmao: My beer went out of my nose.

I guess Matt has some pretty important friends to get that thread poofed. :kidaround:

Yuh!!!

He must actually respond to their emails meh

BWAHAHAHAHhahahahHAHAHAHAHhahaha! :roflmao: My wine cooler went out of my nose.

Fixed it for you :grin:

It's either been poofed or it's being worked over and will return later; the link worked fine this morning.

There's a famous quote about the power of the people who write the history books I'd like to use here, but I can't remember it. It brings to mind another quote about what happens to those who forget history, but I can't remember that one either.

Was it "history is rewritten by those who moderate"? (shrug)

fixed it for you.

Oh yeah...like it really happened.

I don't give a rats patootie about all that new stuff and the crazy 9.8 chasers.

And anyone that knows me knows what I collect. (low grade and Golden Age).

But when someone says something is "impossible" it is very easy to show that it is. And I succeeded because you believed it and it was suddenly now "possible".

But...I will admit....I have bid on worldwide books when they were on ebay. I bid on ones I wanted. Didn't even win any.

So...yes....I am guilty of bidding on books that a friend owns. Someone said this is a violation of ebay. At the end of the day, then, you got me!

Wow, they axed that entire thread after I posted the link. Real nice, another victory for the loose moral compass of The Arseman.

But...I will admit....I have bid on worldwide books when they were on ebay. I bid on ones I wanted. Didn't even win any.

So...yes....I am guilty of bidding on books that a friend owns. Someone said this is a violation of ebay. At the end of the day, then, you got me!

I think it was a little more than that, wasn't it? Didn't Matt used to call you up and tell you which miscellaneous books were "going for a bargain" (aka "selling too cheaply") and you'd go bid on those?

Cant speak to the ebay situation but I have brought hundreds of books from Steve Ritter.

I agree with prior comments, one of the best guys around. Fair, willing to negotiate, sensible prices to start with, excellent at offering opinions about books, a spot on grader.

I buy from them at shows and the WWcomics web site, can't speak to any other experience.

It's either been poofed or it's being worked over and will return later; the link worked fine this morning.

There's a famous quote about the power of the people who write the history books I'd like to use here, but I can't remember it. It brings to mind another quote about what happens to those who forget history, but I can't remember that one either.

Was it "history is rewritten by those who moderate"? (shrug)

fixed it for you.

Really? I know I don't participate as much as I used to on this Forum but it seems everytime I visit something happens to drive me away again.

Maybe Matt has turned around. But you can't do so by rewriting the past. This Forum used to be a bastion of info on deals, info, and the people who run in this hobby; both good and bad. People should be coming here to gather info and make their own decisions, not be catered to a version which has been edited or disappeared to influence those decisions. I know this is CGC's site...but it used to have a very thorough search function, while flawed, which enabled members to be enlightened to what's going on in the hobby. Excessive moderating, and it was occurring while I was still a very active member, has rendered that discovery of what makes this hobby both good and bad pretty much mute. Information is good for this hobby. Each member can make their own determination on what the info implies. Excessive deletion of info only tells part of the story and doesn't serve them in any way.

Is Arch still here? At least he seemed fair in this regard...

Arseman happened. Blocking the info only makes people more curious.

Jim

Wow, they axed that entire thread after I posted the link. Real nice, another victory for the loose moral compass of The Arseman.

I think it was a little more than that, wasn't it? Didn't Matt used to call you up and tell you which miscellaneous books were "going for a bargain" (aka "selling too cheaply") and you'd go bid on those?

yes, thats EXACTLY what was said in the thread that went poof (thumbs u

There used to be a classic Threads thread. It got deleted for no reason. I found it in a Google archive and reposted it. Half of the threads in the reposted Classic Threads were deleted.

There used to be a classic Threads thread. It got deleted for no reason. I found it in a Google archive and reposted it. Half of the threads in the reposted Classic Threads were deleted.

:o

That's too bad. I would have liked to re-read those threads and refresh my memory again.

That's too bad. I would have liked to re-read those threads and refresh my memory again.

+1

Its one think for a thread with just baseless accusations to be deleted. this thread with Cliff admitting he shilled books was hardly that. it wasnt anybody accusing him of anything, he was freely admitting that he did it and was given info on which books were going too cheap and that he should bid on them. it came straight from the horses mouth for gods sake!

i'd REALLY be interested to hear the reasoning behind deleting that information from the boards hm

query: i have a book on ebay, trending below where i'd like to see it go. i see said book on a boardie's sig line want-list. if i send him a pm advising him of my book for sale, obviously hoping he'll get on there and bid that bad boy up, is there anyone here that would put a hairy-eyeball on my action?

change that boardie to a boardie who is also a friend--same question.

Check it out.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5404359&Searchpage=1&Main=246922&Words=classic+BlowUpTheMoon&topic=0&Search=true#Post5404359

query: i have a book on ebay, trending below where i'd like to see it go. i see said book on a boardie's sig line want-list. if i send him a pm advising him of my book for sale, obviously hoping he'll get on there a bid that bad boy up, is there anyone here that would put a hairy-eyeball on my action?

change that boardie to a both a boardie who is also a friend--same question.

Personally, i dont see a problem with pming a boardie. If you had a Pedigree Avengers going lower than you wanted, i sure as hell would appreciate a heads up to your auction (thumbs u

PMing a friend is a different story. When i 1st joined up here, i was interested in a book in one of the major auctions that i knew was a boardies. Stupidly, i pm'd him and let him know i was VERY interested in it and even more incredibly stupid actually told him the ballpark max bid i was willing to put in. Come to find out, at least one of the boardies friends bid the book up on me even though they had zero interest whatsoever in the book. Their claim was "it was just sitting so low, what the hey!" but of course their "what the hey!" supposed thrill bid stayed below the max bid i had informed the seller i was willing to go to.

That DEFINITELY rubbed me the wrong way and i was NOT happy!