• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my curse... LRC creases after sales photos taken

7 posts in this topic

just need to vent a little, but if anyone else is frustrated by this I think it may help me feel better hearing that this doesn't just happen to me...

I seem to have a continual problem when buying raw books, where the seller (and it's happened with several different sellers) appears to have scanned/photo'd their book, and then (I can only assume) that when placing it back in the bag, they crease the lower right corner of the cover. Just pure carelessness, so frustrating, and I can't believe I happen upon this as often as I do...

The last two examples...

First, X-Men 73, part of a group purchase, here is the photo from the seller

xmen_before.jpg

I went and looked at the collection based on the photos, and this was the new condition of the book... nothing major, just a sloppy job putting it back in the bag, but now I still need a UHG copy for a full run of the reprints...

xmen_after.jpg

but what pushed me to post this was this... TMNT #1

from the auction photo...

tmnt_before.jpg

and what I received in the mail tonight

tmnt_after.jpg

What runs through someones mind to be this lazy!? It takes 2 seconds to be sure the right corner is in the bag safely before pushing it further into the bag. And secondly, if you do this to a book, have the courtesy to re-take the photo, it clearly is not the same condition!!!

They're both the same book in both pictures.

The sellers are taking the creases out with Photoshop to make them look better.

My first thought is they do not look the same either.

One copy looks almost like pressed out version of the other.

Look at all the extra interior page exposure-- top right -- of 2nd.

Looks almost like it (1st) was pressed (or had heavy object on it) to flatten spine bulging? causing cover pull to left and expose more interior?

My first thought is they do not look the same either.

One copy looks almost like pressed out version of the other.

Look at all the extra interior page exposure-- top right -- of 2nd.

Looks almost like it (1st) was pressed (or had heavy object on it) to flatten spine bulging? causing cover pull to left and expose more interior?

Dice is more then likely correct.

The top picture(TMNT) is a fisheyed photo , and Kaylabs was taken with a scanner.

Which more then likely smushed the comic enough to make it look flatter, and show more artwork on the spine. Also altering the way the comic cover sat in relation to the interior.

Besides, when you bend a corner when reinserting a book in the mylar. It typically bends up..not inwardly creating a sharp CBC. You cant create a CBC like that when reinserting a comic in a mylar.

That crease has been folded more then a few times to look like that.