• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Trailer for Man of Steel: UMM. AWESOME. Now w/ Trailer!

199 posts in this topic

The music is from Lord of the Rings, its just being used for the trailer.

Kevin Costner is in the photo, he is playing Jonathan Kent.

The voice over is Russell Crowe who is playing Jor-El.

The villain is General Zod being played by Michael Shannon (who looks like the guy who played Jaws from James Bond if you ask me)

The villain is General Zod being played by Michael Shannon (who looks like the guy who played Jaws from James Bond if you ask me)

that! I don't care if he is old. There is only one Zod. Terence Stamp!

I assure you that voice over is Costner. I just finished watching Waterworld again for some reason last night and it's definitely Costner.

Michael Shannon is probably more known as the FBI agent in Boardwalk Empire.

I smiled watching that trailer. I like the premise of this movie. Clark reminds me of the kid from Smallville.

I felt the same way. I love Batman, but it's really time we have a bad Superman movie. This entire generation has missed out on the greatest superhero ever, and I hope it comes out right. It's got to.

I'm sure the movie will be fine... but Im lost as to the purpose and choices in this trailer. Fine holding back the SF if you want, but what does it really promise? nothing. just that early period Clark treks to Antarctica... which, 1) we have already seen Reeve do (making viewers think this film will be a retread of things we've already seen just like the least one), and then 2) see him flying with a weird vapor trail like he has a jetpack?

anyone else puzzled and under motivated by this trailer?

Nice trailer.

I think the movie will focus on Superman's humanity and the decision to become a hero.

I like that move on WB/DC.

All of the "good" superheroes nowadays focus on their internal struggles, not the obvious villian kinds. Face it: Superman that's unmarred by evil and fights the good fight is frankly a bore to watch.

I'm sure the movie will be fine... but Im lost as to the purpose and choices in this trailer. Fine holding back the SF if you want, but what does it really promise? nothing. just that early period Clark treks to Antarctica... which, 1) we have already seen Reeve do (making viewers think this film will be a retread of things we've already seen just like the least one), and then 2) see him flying with a weird vapor trail like he has a jetpack?

anyone else puzzled and under motivated by this trailer?

At first I thought it was the "Deadliest Catch" show. lol

Nice trailer.

I think the movie will focus on Superman's humanity and the decision to become a hero.

I like that move on WB/DC.

All of the "good" superheroes nowadays focus on their internal struggles, not the obvious villian kinds. Face it: Superman that's unmarred by evil and fights the good fight is frankly a bore to watch.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm....sure hope it is :wishluck: