• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Trailer for Man of Steel: UMM. AWESOME. Now w/ Trailer!

199 posts in this topic

Nope-- I know they're classics, but i mean, the original came out in '78...

lol... I always find it so lame when people use the above for reasoning... "How would I know, I wasn't even born yet."

Never seen a movie/read a book, pre-1980 or something? Be a shame if true.

I'm just referring to Superman. Not sure why the post was taken out of that context. I think the average 26-year-old would probably say that they've never seen any of the Superman films.

I just got into comics recently, and unless you're really a part of this space, Superman has been essentially forgotten due to Batman, Spider-man, etc.

Absolutely a shame. If you can watch it in it's proper context, it's an awesome movie. Easily my favorite comicbook superhero movie. Reeves is perfect in the role, the soundtrack is iconic and the tone of the chraracter is nearly perfect. I still get goosebumps watching certain scenes.

I mean-- guys, c'mon, it's not like i said I've never seen The Godfather, or Forrest Gump, or Gone With the Wind. I'm sure it's a great movie, but I just don't think Superman is within the pop culture context that many people born in the mid-late 80's and now 90's now have. 1992 was twenty years ago. I'm sure there are some folks in college that have never even seen Jurassic Park, let alone Superman...

I know quite a few people who consider themselves students of film who've never seen Citizen Kane or think it sucks...doesn't make me think too much of them either ;)

As a comicbook fan and a superhero fan you owe it to yourself to watch it.

Did no one see Superman Returns? I know it's bad but this generation did get a big budget modern Superman movie (shrug)

I actually didn't think Superman Returns was such a bad movie, personally.

Just really boring zzz

and and Superman has a son doh!

Superman Returns was a con.

I go in thinking I'm going to see a action comic book movie.... wait a minute!!! This is a chick flick! :cry:

I concur.

And boring Luthor again.

lol... I always find it so lame when people use the above for reasoning... "How would I know, I wasn't even born yet."

I'm just referring to Superman. Not sure why the post was taken out of that context. I think the average 26-year-old would probably say that they've never seen any of the Superman films.

I just got into comics recently, and unless you're really a part of this space, Superman has been essentially forgotten due to Batman, Spider-man, etc.

Absolutely a shame. If you can watch it in it's proper context, it's an awesome movie. Easily my favorite comicbook superhero movie. Reeves is perfect in the role, the soundtrack is iconic and the tone of the chraracter is nearly perfect. I still get goosebumps watching certain scenes.

I mean-- guys, c'mon, it's not like i said I've never seen The Godfather, or Forrest Gump, or Gone With the Wind. I'm sure it's a great movie, but I just don't think Superman is within the pop culture context that many people born in the mid-late 80's and now 90's now have. 1992 was twenty years ago. I'm sure there are some folks in college that have never even seen Jurassic Park, let alone Superman...

I know quite a few people who consider themselves students of film who've never seen Citizen Kane or think it sucks...doesn't make me think too much of them either ;)

Does not compute!

Did no one see Superman Returns? I know it's bad but this generation did get a big budget modern Superman movie (shrug)

I actually didn't think Superman Returns was such a bad movie, personally.

Just really boring zzz

Superman Returns was a con.

I go in thinking I'm going to see a action comic book movie.... wait a minute!!! This is a chick flick! :cry:

I concur.

And boring Luthor again.

Superman Returns was boring as hell zzz

I did have trouble with Supers have a kid out of wedlock.

Did you have a problem with him leaving the earth for 5 years in search of Krypton?

I've only seen the movie the one time in the theatre and I didn't even remember that part.

I just remember my main criticism being that Supes would NOT have had a kid out of wedlock.

I'll have to rewatch it again some time soon to revisit how I feel about it.

Does not compute!

No, it doesn't. But it's soooo old and in black and white...and the story is just so dull...

I feel a bit like William Petersen trying to get into the mindset of the Tooth Fairy....it doesn't feel good at all.

I did have trouble with Supers have a kid out of wedlock.

Did you have a problem with him leaving the earth for 5 years in search of Krypton?

I've only seen the movie the one time in the theatre and I didn't even remember that part.

I just remember my main criticism being that Supes would NOT have had a kid out of wedlock.

I'll have to rewatch it again some time soon to revisit how I feel about it.

I would so love to bring the conversation from Mallrats about Superman making babies with a normal Earth female. :shy:

Does not compute!

No, it doesn't. But it's soooo old and in black and white...and the story is just so dull...

I feel a bit like William Petersen trying to get into the mindset of the Tooth Fairy....it doesn't feel good at all.

Manhunter is great.

Does not compute!

The introduction to Citizen Kane as it moves in closer and closer is all kinds of awesome. :cloud9:

I would so love to bring the conversation from Mallrats about Superman making babies with a normal Earth female. :shy:

Yup. Crossed my mind as well.

:eek:

Does not compute!

Manhunter is great.

If you tell me that you also feel that Brian Cox's subtle portrayal of Lecter was far superior to Anthony Hopkins over the top, cartoonish supervillian performance....I may have my first mancrush on the boards :cloud9:

Yup. Crossed my mind as well.

:eek:

I honestly believe if one gets to that point they should stop reading superhero comics as they have moved past them....or they could just start reading Nu Marvel :insane:

Does not compute!

Manhunter is great.

If you tell me that you also feel that Brian Cox's subtle portrayal of Lecter was far superior to Anthony Hopkins over the top, cartoonish supervillian performance....I may have my first mancrush on the boards :cloud9:

Obviously.

Does not compute!

Manhunter is great.

Obviously.

Two more Manhunter fans! (worship)

Does not compute!

Manhunter is great.

Obviously.

It's official <3

Does not compute!

Manhunter is great.

Obviously.

Two more Manhunter fans! (worship)

Did you like To Live and Die in LA? hm