• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Trailer for Man of Steel: UMM. AWESOME. Now w/ Trailer!

199 posts in this topic

theres a better comic-con trailer in another thread and somewhere in this one, has action, that is the awesome one

Comic Con Footage of Man of Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBPTeDSiTM&sns=tw

Much, much more interesting than the Animal Planet trailer.

It was more likely to give me a migraine due to the re-focusing. Don't get me wrong, I hope this movie is awesome. I love the Man of Steel. Both trailers are lame, though.

theres a better comic-con trailer in another thread and somewhere in this one, has action, that is the awesome one

Comic Con Footage of Man of Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBPTeDSiTM&sns=tw

Much, much more interesting than the Animal Planet trailer.

thankyou person who could be bothered searching (thumbs u

I enjoyed Sucker Punch.

Sucker Punch was like a bunch of music videos strung together. Are the visuals awesome, yes. The story...not so much.

I was entertained as all get out by Sucker Punch. I dug the story as well. Plus, I got the BluRay at Walmart for five bucks. :whee:

I enjoyed Sucker Punch.

Sucker Punch was like a bunch of music videos strung together. Are the visuals awesome, yes. The story...not so much.

I was entertained as all get out by Sucker Punch. I dug the story as well. Plus, I got the BluRay at Walmart for five bucks. :whee:

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. Girls with guns is always kind of fun to watch. I thought the initial setup was interesting, but the payoff didn't do it for me.

i find it strange that people who aren't from that era (70's or "Bronze") haven't gone back and watched them, i was born 86 and i saw them all from a pretty early age, and Supergirl too

I also found it strange that people would pay thousands of dollars for books with guys running around in tights, but that doesn't seem all that weird now, eh?

The Superman movie is not ubiquitous, guys. Perhaps it holds a special place in a previous generations' hearts, but it just isn't there for many within the millennial generation. Regardless of who the director is, or whatever other works he's done. Maybe on the boards, but not beyond.

You call yourself a comics fan yet you haven't seen THE comic movie? :screwy:

From it's perfect opening scene showing an early Action Comics cover to it's wonderful soundtrack. I don't think it's possible to have an accurate Superman movie without using John William's Superman march.

I agree with the Buffster on this one. Both of those films (Superman I & II) are wonderful movies. I later obtained a director's cut of II that had a bit more violence in it from Zod and the gang. It certainly added to an already great film.

If I were making a reboot, I wouldn't cast Supes as a boy scout from the get go. To me, the central issue if I were a young Superman would be:

1. Protect the Earth?

2. Destroy the Earth?

3. Enslave the Earth?

I mean you are virtually indestructible and can whip azz at the speed of light. The temptation would be a given to opt for 2 or 3. So the struggle that ends with #1 would be interesting to me.

I enjoyed Sucker Punch.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. Girls with guns is always kind of fun to watch. I thought the initial setup was interesting, but the payoff didn't do it for me.

I had already bought into the movie by that point and had enjoyed the ride so the ending was appropriate to me.

I did wonder at the end for a second if Don Draper was gonna nail her. If you haven't watched Mad Men, the preceding sentence makes zero sense.

i find it strange that people who aren't from that era (70's or "Bronze") haven't gone back and watched them, i was born 86 and i saw them all from a pretty early age, and Supergirl too

I also found it strange that people would pay thousands of dollars for books with guys running around in tights, but that doesn't seem all that weird now, eh?

The Superman movie is not ubiquitous, guys. Perhaps it holds a special place in a previous generations' hearts, but it just isn't there for many within the millennial generation. Regardless of who the director is, or whatever other works he's done. Maybe on the boards, but not beyond.

From it's perfect opening scene showing an early Action Comics cover to it's wonderful soundtrack. I don't think it's possible to have an accurate Superman movie without using John William's Superman march.

I agree with the Buffster on this one. Both of those films (Superman I & II) are wonderful movies. I later obtained a director's cut of II that had a bit more violence in it from Zod and the gang. It certainly added to an already great film.

If I were making a reboot, I wouldn't cast Supes as a boy scout from the get go. To me, the central issue if I were a young Superman would be:

1. Protect the Earth?

2. Destroy the Earth?

3. Enslave the Earth?

I mean you are virtually indestructible and can whip azz at the speed of light. The temptation would be a given to opt for 2 or 3. So the struggle that ends with #1 would be interesting to me.

To me that rings too much of decronstruction. As far as I'm concerned, the Superman I know and love would never consider anything other than option #1. That's what makes him a hero, he does the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

1. Protect the Earth?

2. Destroy the Earth?

3. Enslave the Earth?

Both trailers give me the impression that Supes is conflicted from the word go. It doesn't look like the boy scout scenario in this movie.

1. Protect the Earth?

2. Destroy the Earth?

3. Enslave the Earth?

lol.... It sure would be interesting, But I think you've watched Chronicle one too many times.

1. Protect the Earth?

2. Destroy the Earth?

3. Enslave the Earth?

Both trailers give me the impression that Supes is conflicted from the word go. It doesn't look like the boy scout scenario in this movie.

i think he's conflicted between protect and not protect though, destroy and enslave is just too far from what Superman is about, even when he's bad he's good (Red Son)

I enjoy threads about movie trailers that are good but I haven't seen.

Do you just make up things as you go along? Like:

"I think the imagery of the bear and parakeet in the trailer signify Lex Luthor and Superman - and, although I am not a Director, I think that the subaqueous qualities of the purity of their relationship makes resonant the distinctive formal juxtapositions."