• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My very first Fiction House

28 posts in this topic

After collecting years and years of comics I have now completely fallen in love with the Fiction House comics. This is my very first one that I got and I am already hooked. I am walking away from some moderns, especially those with the multiple covers that go for big $ because they are limited. Fiction House is my new love. I would rather spend some of my $ on these now.

I hope to get a nice mid grade collection.

PioneerWestRomance5s.jpg

So, was this a good start?

I have a couple more books coming my way but more on these when I get them.

I like Firehair! I have a couple original pages from # 11 (which I believe reprints from Rangers # 21 (?)) hanging in my home office over my computer.

Your issue from the blurb has all new stories (no reprints) inside so that's a great start. Not only that but if this one hooked you in, you've got nothing but delight ahead of you in the Fiction House world.

Welcome to the fold :applause:

You have embarked on a very rewarding journey. Fiction House delivers, inside and out! I fell in love with FH covers, but it is the interiors that keep me coming back for more. They were definitely the best of the Golden Age, and they only stepped aside to share the top spot when EC came along, around ten years later...

Unless, of course, you're into men and boys dressed in tights... those were published by different companies...

Terrific start. Like i stated in you PGM thread, this book was also my first FH (although it was in way worse condition than this one) and it left me wanting more and more. I'll agree with everyone's opinions that FH is one of the best for GA. Give wings a try. I was never a WWII comics fan but absolutely fell in love with that title. You can be guaranteed great art, stories and definately getting your moneys worth with each FH book though.

(Listen to me, i sound like a FH rep or somethin. lol )

Of course. They made great books. Some very collectible covers in the titles too. Lotsa Jungle themed books, Planets are nice, very sought after sci-fi covers. Even a little dabble in horror with the Ghosts title. Wings gets a bit boring, unless there's a dame on the cover.

Some of the early issues will be quite hard to find, and costly. If you don't mind vg books you'll find lots 1945+ issues for little money.

Overall a perfectly great focus.

Maurice Whitman is kind of the gateway drug for Fiction House like the airbrush covers are for Nedors. There's a lot of wonderful covers out there to choose from.

Maurice Whitman is kind of the gateway drug for Fiction House like the airbrush covers are for Nedors. There's a lot of wonderful covers out there to choose from.

Choose? I want them all. :grin:

My first three Fiction House comic books are a fact!...

Jumbo151.jpg

Jumbo152.jpg

ThanX to Cheetah

Wow, Cheetah set you up with two nice ones !! (thumbs u

Welcome to the Fiction House club.

I'm Old School, but please consider getting some Fiction House that are unslabbed.. and READ THEM.. if you want to get really hooked ya gotta read them There are so many great artists and characters that it's a shame to miss out on their adventures.! Nothing against slabbed comics. they are all well and good !

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fiction House!

I'm Old School, but please consider getting some Fiction House that are unslabbed.. and READ THEM.. if you want to get really hooked ya gotta read them There are so many great artists and characters that it's a shame to miss out on their adventures.! Nothing against slabbed comics. they are all well and good !

I agree. I read every comic I own so I will be looking for readers copies too.

There are some nice CDs available on ebay that provide nearly the entire FH library for reading. I picked up one last year and have slowly been working my was through the titles.