• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD!

33 posts in this topic

I'm in talks for an upgrade to one of my all-time favorite comics - SHOWCASE #4 The Flash!

As such, I'm offering my personal copy for sale this weekend.

SALE OFFICIALLY BEGINS WHEN SCANS ARE POSTED SATURDAY AM

I will be posting a scan of the front and back covers Saturday AM.

My price on the board is $4000 firm. The 1st :takeit: gets the book.

Standard marketplace rules will apply, no HOS'ers or PROBIE's.

Excepted forms of payment: personal checks, bank checks, money orders.

I accept Paypal too but on this sale the buyer must pick up the fee.

The book is CGC Certified 4.0 LT/OW. No returns on CGC graded books please. It is what it is.

Shipped via USPS Certified Mail (or shipper you prefer), Insured for what it costs to get the book to where you are.

Scans will be posted later tonight or Saturday AM.

PM me with questions, I'll try to get back to you asap.

Cheers all

Bob :hi:

Went to a late showing of TDKR ( (thumbs u ) and so I am bushed

so I am turning in and will post the better scans tomorrow. zzz

However I am going to post the scan I had to get this started.

IMG_5443.jpg

Hi Bill, It's been a while! :hi:

Anyway, having some coffee after a late night at the movies seeing

The Dark Knight Rises - the final film of the trilogy.

Great flick by the way.

I will post a new scan of the front and back of slab shortly.

Thanks all!

Bob

Some background and info on this book.

I acquired this book from a fellow board member. It was already slabbed, so I never actually held the raw book in hand.

The front cover has a lot of gloss remaining. The spine is in very nice condition, clean and sharp with a lot less stress marks then you normally see on a book in this grade. There is a fair amount of creasing overall, especially on the front cover, but the grand majority of them do not break color and could be press-able IMHO.

The more obvious flaws are the 2 chips on the front cover, one by the CCA seal the other on the RH side of the front cover in the middle where the film-strip touches the edge of the cover. And of course there is the PQ, which is LT/OW.

Regarding the potential for pressing and a grade bump - I never had it looked at by anyone (like Matt Nelson) but if it doesn't sell this time out, I may take it to NYCC to see what he says.

I've said this before about this book - it looks to me much nicer than a 4.0, that's why I bought it in the first place.

GPA on this book is sparse since so few of them actually come up for sale and many that do are traded privately. The last recorded sales of 4.0's are from back in 2011, where 3 of them exchanged hands. The high and lows are posted for your info below:

(3) $4,877Hi $4,183Lo

Jun-26-2011 $4,183 Cert# 1027882001

May-05-2011 $4,481 Cert# 0914765001

Mar-26-2011 $4,877 Cert# 0078757001

I'm pricing this book below the "low" on GPA primarily because of the PQ on the book. Also, because I've been offered another copy for sale by another board member to upgrade my copy, and I'm trying to move this along.

I do believe my price is fair and so I have said I am firm on it. However, one must keep an open mind, so if you have any thoughts or would like to make an offer on the book please do so with a PM.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous day outside, to nice to be sitting in front of a computer screen. I'll be checking in later today, so if you have any questions please be patient until I get back to answer them.

Thanks again!

Bob

(worship)

Superior book at a fair price.

I've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes thinking through what I could sell and what type of time payment structure I'd need to snag this book, but I can't make it work.

I'll have to live with my 3.0 for now. :sorry: