• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What site do folks do all their buying from?

30 posts in this topic

And just to clarify, if you're happy buying from Chuck and are happy with the OMAC set, then I'm happy for you. I just think that pointing people to Mile High and talking about their "great deals" is something that needs to be commented upon.

For me it was a great deal, so thats why I said it...anyone who goes there can make up their own mind about what is and is not a deal. Not trying to start a war here or anything, everyone is entitled to their opinion!

And just to clarify, if you're happy buying from Chuck and are happy with the OMAC set, then I'm happy for you. I just think that pointing people to Mile High and talking about their "great deals" is something that needs to be commented upon.

For me it was a great deal, so thats why I said it...anyone who goes there can make up their own mind about what is and is not a deal. Not trying to start a war here or anything, everyone is entitled to their opinion!

I know. In your opinion $2.25 apiece for OMAC 1-4 is a good deal. For me it is not. confused-smiley-013.gif

I know. In your opinion $2.25 apiece for OMAC 1-4 is a good deal. For me it is not. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Metropolis - good service, good selection.

PGC Mint - has some very nice HG stuff.

Lone Star Comics - for moderns and some SA stuff in VF grades.

Comic Link - consistently probably the best selection of slabbed books. New stuff every day.

Heritage - nice selection but the fees are a bit annoying.

Pedigree - you know there will be some great books coming.

Mile High - haven't used them because they are too expensive and over grading seems to be an issue.

Ebay - good place to track stuff that has BIN on them. If they don't sell PM the seller and try and make a deal once the listing has expired. I'd only recommedn this with reputable dealers.

High Grade Comics - haven't use them yet but some nice stuff.

And of course right here on these very boards. thumbsup2.gif

High Grade Comics - haven't use them yet but some nice stuff.

I have bought from Bob Storms (highgradecomics.com), as have many others on these boards. Not only have I never had a problem, but his grading is dead accurate and his raw books are priced reasonably. If all dealers conducted business like he does, there would be about 95% fewer person_without_enough_empathyfests on these boards about unscrupulous sellers.

Metropolis is also great. Unreal selection, reasonable pricing (though high end books are expensive -- just like everywhere else), and great customer service. I know of one person on the boards who had a bad customer service experience with Metro, but that seems to be the exception, not the rule. They are batting 1.000 with me. thumbsup2.gif

Doug Sulipa is a superb seller too. He has EVERYTHING. And if you are looking for comic magazines (which most dealers don't even carry), Doug Sulipa is second to none. Doug is a tight grader, answers emails promptly, and has his stuff priced reasonably. Now if only his website would enter the 21st century! 27_laughing.gif But don't let that deter you. Just email him a want list and you'll get your response within a day or two, with just about everything on it being represented at a reasonable price. 893applaud-thumb.gif