• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What site do folks do all their buying from?

30 posts in this topic

mile high

some great deals! thumbsup2.gif

mile high

sign-funnypost.gifforeheadslap.gif

if your questioning the validity of my statement...I have a number of examples I can share! For one...Byrne's OMAC series...all four books for a $1 each at NM (and the grade was right on!)

mile high

if your questioning the validity of my statement...I have a number of examples I can share! For one...Byrne's OMAC series...all four books for a $1 each at NM (and the grade was right on!)

And the great deal was?

mile high

And the great deal was?

mad.gif

mile high

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

if you like not knowing what you'll get in the line of grade or enjoy taking risks on what kind of quality you'll receive or enjoy paying extraordinarily high prices on most silver age or enjoy lighting your money on fire, then I encourage you to order from Mile High.

Otherwise, do yourself a favor and ignore them for any serious back issues.

Try:

www.highgradecomics.com

www.metropoliscomics.com

www.superworldcomics.com

and there are a whole host of others that I can't think of right now...

mile high

And the great deal was?

mad.gif

Sorry, but OMAC for $1 apiece is like Chuck stole money out of your pocket.

if you like not knowing what you'll get in the line of grade or enjoy taking risks on what kind of quality you'll receive or enjoy paying extraordinarily high prices on most silver age or enjoy lighting your money on fire, then I encourage you to order from Mile High.

Am not saying that they do have high prices, but some of the deals are pretty decent and I have yet to be disappointed by anything I have bought through them thus far. Admittedly I wouldnt buy anything to high grade or key from them because they are expensive, but they do have some nice non-key books, IMHO.

mile high

And the great deal was?

mad.gif

Not a Byrne fan, eh? confused-smiley-013.gif

No, I liked Byrne back when he was good. OMAC where he inked with a sharpie and went overboard with zip-a-tone? insane.gif

Back to the topic at hand my comment was more along the lines of "that series is quarter bin filler and you paid him a buck apiece." Add in shipping and who knows what you paid for a series I've given away more than once rather than try to sell.

And just to clarify, if you're happy buying from Chuck and are happy with the OMAC set, then I'm happy for you. I just think that pointing people to Mile High and talking about their "great deals" is something that needs to be commented upon.

No, I liked Byrne back when he was good. OMAC where he inked with a sharpie and went overboard with zip-a-tone? insane.gif

Back to the topic at hand my comment was more along the lines of "that series is quarter bin filler and you paid him a buck apiece." Add in shipping and who knows what you paid for a series I've given away more than once rather than try to sell.

Everyone has their opinion...I actually liked the series and the art! thumbsup2.gif

(For the record, I paid $9 for books and shipping.)