• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who can send me some samples of Mylite2 and half-backs ?

33 posts in this topic

Well, you seem like a nice enough chap, but none of us probably have all that you want. And it sounds like the cost would be about $25 even if we did . . . good luck :wishluck:

EGerber was bought by Diamond in the 90s and orders can be placed by a retailer for their products.
And this is good to know, why? Why would I want to put another player in my order?

Hi !

I'd like to start bagging and boarding my Golden Age books with Mylites2 and half-backs, so that the books are stored in the best way (in my opinion).

Unfortunately I live outside America and do not have an easy access to these bags and boards. Additionally, I never had one of these bags and boards in my hands, and I'm the guy who needs to grab it first, and then decide if it's the stuff I want or the size I want.

I asked Hotflips if they can send me some samples and got a very nice response that they only sell them 50 per pack.

So, who wants to help a fellow collector and send him some samples (one of each) of the following products:

Mylites2 - 775M2 - 7,75x10,5 (19,7x26,7) - silver/gold size

Mylites2 - 800M2 - 8x10,5 (20,3x26,7) - golden size

Mylites2 - 825M2 - 8,25x10,5 (21x26,7) - super golden size

750HB 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 (19,0x26,7) Silver/Golden Comics - fits 775

758HB 7 5/8 x 10 1/2 (19,4x26,7) Golden Age Comics - fits 800

778HB 7 7/8 x 10 1/2 (20.0x26,7) Super Golden Age Comics - fits 825

I’ll pay for these samples and also for shipping and additional costs.

Best regards,

archi

Have you tried mycomicshop.com? Their prices and shipping to countries outside of the U.S. are very reasonable.

whocares, that sounds good ! But what do I tell the retailer to get the order placed at Diamond's ? As told before, I couldn't find the products in the Previews Catalogue, so I can't tell the retailer a order number or item number according to Diamond.

And I already did ask every retailer "I want Mylite2" and got the response "We don't have them".

Speedmaster, I checked their website after I read your posting, but they don't have what I want.

I use mylite 2 on every book in my collection - gold, silver, hot off the press... I will never use plastic again.

+1

Slowly doing this to my collection...

Good luck, archivist - it'll be worth the effort you're putting in.

I don't use what you are seeking to sample but if you want to see what a Mylites2 725 with a Fullback 700* looks like for a Silver book, PM me your address and I'll mail you an example.

*That's a roughly 6 7/8" book going onto a 7" FB in a 7 1/4" Mylites2.

Hi !

I'd like to start bagging and boarding my Golden Age books with Mylites2 and half-backs, so that the books are stored in the best way (in my opinion).

Unfortunately I live outside America and do not have an easy access to these bags and boards. Additionally, I never had one of these bags and boards in my hands, and I'm the guy who needs to grab it first, and then decide if it's the stuff I want or the size I want.

I asked Hotflips if they can send me some samples and got a very nice response that they only sell them 50 per pack.

So, who wants to help a fellow collector and send him some samples (one of each) of the following products:

Mylites2 - 775M2 - 7,75x10,5 (19,7x26,7) - silver/gold size

Mylites2 - 800M2 - 8x10,5 (20,3x26,7) - golden size

Mylites2 - 825M2 - 8,25x10,5 (21x26,7) - super golden size

750HB 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 (19,0x26,7) Silver/Golden Comics - fits 775

758HB 7 5/8 x 10 1/2 (19,4x26,7) Golden Age Comics - fits 800

778HB 7 7/8 x 10 1/2 (20.0x26,7) Super Golden Age Comics - fits 825

I’ll pay for these samples and also for shipping and additional costs.

Best regards,

archi

Have you tried mycomicshop.com? Their prices and shipping to countries outside of the U.S. are very reasonable.

Lonestar doesn't carry E Gerber supplies.

whocares, that sounds good ! But what do I tell the retailer to get the order placed at Diamond's ? As told before, I couldn't find the products in the Previews Catalogue, so I can't tell the retailer a order number or item number according to Diamond.

And I already did ask every retailer "I want Mylite2" and got the response "We don't have them".

Speedmaster, I checked their website after I read your posting, but they don't have what I want.

Regret not getting back sooner...These will not show up in previews. My LCS had the same issue but kept at him to do more research. In the end, he called their retailer line and talked to a Diamond agent who pointed him in the right direction. He now gets them in bulk of 500/1K as Diamond gives a better rate on bulk purchases and they come part of his regular Diamond shipment. I will confess that I am unsure if egerber prodcuts are shipped through Diamond International to your location. Hope this helps and best of luck.

whocares, thanks for bringing more light into the issue. I'm pretty sure that Diamond will ship internationally (they make money out of it), the problem will be to get a retailer here to talk to them and to get things in motion. Even if that will be possibly, I'm still not sure if the retailer will order different sizes and send me samples, since he will be stuck with the rest of the package.

Anyway, thanks for your response. I appreciate it !

archi

...I bought a huge collection,,, and he told me that he used expensive bags and boards... and they look different from the ones I bought from conventions or online. Maybe these are the M2’s...

1) Do they stretch at all? If so they're probably plastic.

2) Are they thin and crinkly like a mylar balloon with no stretch? If so they could be 1mil mylars (unless "they" came up with a non-stretching plastic 1 or 2 mil comic bag since I started buying M2's).

3) Are they fairly stiff, no stretch at all and crystal clear? If so they could very well be M2's.

At least that's my experience. I've never seen a standard plastic comic bag (non archival) that didn't stretch and was anything close to a M2. To me they seem very easy to tell apart. Hope this helps you come to a purchasing decision without having to seek out samples. :wishluck:

On Wednesday noon I got a phone call from home (I work in another town and am only at home during the weekends) that there has a shipment arrived from North America.

Since then I eagerly awaited until Friday evening arrived so I finally can see how a Mylite2 looks like.

A big thanks to rodan57 for sending me a sample !

I recognized it as something I had in my fingers before, and maybe even have a few of them in my collection - but not many.

So, Hotflips, beware and restock your warehouses - there may be a big order on its way to you.

Sulphur Server, thank you for posting.

1) No, they don't stretch.

2) They are VERY thin. If crinkly means that they are making a loud cracking noise - yes !

3) Since I now know how the M2's look like, I can answer this question with a "no".

I made some pictures of the bags, but on these the bags look like normal bags, made of polyethylene, so the pictures are useless.

I'd say they are Mylites, but they are missing the thick seam like the M2 sample has, so I'm not sure (reading: convinced).