• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

addicted to ebay

29 posts in this topic

is there a better online place to buy golden and silver age marvels? as far as selection and getting a good deal?

i love ebay, ive found lots of good deals there...but it seems like theres a higher likelihood of being ripped off there. im sick of making complaints to ebay and paypal for fraud, being sold misrepresented items, or just flat out being lied to, people selling restored comics pretending they dont know they are, and all the international sellers pretending to be in US.

and craigslist is 100X worse.

Let's see, off the top of my head...

Here

Comiclink

Commicconnect

Heritage auctions

Highgradecomcs.com

Pedigree comics

Mycomicshop.com

Comicanadirect.com

All of those are approximately 72,589 times better than eBay for buying GA/SA/BA comics (thumbs u

Here

Comiclink

Commicconnect

Heritage auctions

Highgradecomcs.com

Pedigree comics

Mycomicshop.com

Comicanadirect.com

All of those are approximately 72,589 times better than eBay for buying GA/SA/BA comics (thumbs u

[font:Book Antiqua]Now, you are exaggerating its only 68,523 times better that EBay...[/font]

(tsk)

Here

Comiclink

Commicconnect

Heritage auctions

Highgradecomcs.com

Pedigree comics

Mycomicshop.com

Comicanadirect.com

Smart shoppers can sometimes do better on eBay then they can on the auction sites and even here. It depends on doing your homework.

is there a better online place to buy golden and silver age marvels? as far as selection and getting a good deal?

i love ebay, ive found lots of good deals there...but it seems like theres a higher likelihood of being ripped off there. im sick of making complaints to ebay and paypal for fraud, being sold misrepresented items, or just flat out being lied to, people selling restored comics pretending they dont know they are, and all the international sellers pretending to be in US.

and craigslist is 100X worse.

And if you click on the link in my signature and buy somthing at mycomics then I'll even get some $ in trade. That's a win-win! (thumbs u

the addiction will end soon...buy from the boards, sometimes it can be a tad more expensive but you get what you expect 95% of the time and another 4% is better than expected...

The boards are the best place to buy your books.I have completely stopped buying on Ebay several years ago,and haven't regretted since.Everyone that I have bought from here has been the best.You will never go wrong buying from a board member.

You left out one of my favorite dealers! This dealer sold me my TOS 52 and TOS 53; both in CGC 9.2.

Greg Reece Rare Comics is a great dealer. Very honest and friendly.

Check out his site.

As for forum mebers, both Foolkiller and Joeypost tend to have great books from time to time, and offer great service.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

the addiction will end soon...buy from the boards, sometimes it can be a tad more expensive but you get what you expect 95% of the time and another 4% is better than expected...

The boards are the best place to buy your books.I have completely stopped buying on Ebay several years ago,and haven't regretted since.Everyone that I have bought from here has been the best.You will never go wrong buying from a board member.

Totally true. It's been upwards of two years since I've bought a comic anywhere but here. Even the conventions I go to, I don't buy comics any more, just OA and sketches.

This place has just about a perfect balance of the friendly deal and a functional system of buyer and seller protection, all with zero fees. :luhv:

I still look and buy from ebay almost everyday, but nothing important and nothing expensive, just stuff that I really want to read or fill a gap.

There are a few sellers that I have dealt with over the years who I trust and pack well, I will go a bit more with them for that reason.

Yesterday I got a NM Saga #1 delivered with all the corners bashed in due to poor packing, it was cheap and I just wanted to read the book to see what all the hype was about but a bit of sellotape to secure the book would have worked wonders.

I buy slabs from Comiclink & Comicconnect but there is no better place to buy slabs, than here on the boards.

For me its not addicted to ebay, its addicted to comics and I cant help looking for them anywhere and everywhere. ;)

Here

Comiclink

Commicconnect

Heritage auctions

Highgradecomcs.com

Pedigree comics

Mycomicshop.com

Comicanadirect.com

metropolis comics

worldwide comics

vintage comics

greg reece

detective 27

I still look and buy from ebay almost everyday, but nothing important and nothing expensive, just stuff that I really want to read or fill a gap.

There are a few sellers that I have dealt with over the years who I trust and pack well, I will go a bit more with them for that reason.

Yesterday I got a NM Saga #1 delivered with all the corners bashed in due to poor packing, it was cheap and I just wanted to read the book to see what all the hype was about but a bit of sellotape to secure the book would have worked wonders.

I buy slabs from Comiclink & Comicconnect but there is no better place to buy slabs, than here on the boards.

For me its not addicted to ebay, its addicted to comics and I cant help looking for them anywhere and everywhere. ;)

I'm the same way. It's a crapshoot, and if you buy expensive books (CGC graded aside), you're asking for trouble. I only buy cheaper or obscure items I can't find anywhere else.

This doesn't include boardies who have eBay stores.

I don't know. I assembled the majority of slabbed book collection through eBay auctions. I made sure to win or "capture" books at lower prices.

I feel I scored that Batman 227 in a 9.4 on a deal that could not be duplicated here or on the cLink or ComicConnect sites.

On Comiclink a few months ago I managed to win a bunch of 8.0-8.5 Silver Spidery's for far less than anyone was offering them

On the boards I scored a package deal of ASM 20, 29 and 53 all in 8.5 in a package deal that could not be duplicated anywhere.

I feel it is all in how you shop. Do your homework. Before I bid on a book on eBay I take a quick look and see what it sold for on CLink and CConnect so I know what the market is in regards to the other major places I shop. Then I go from there. We are in front of a computer. It does not take much more than a few extra clicks to look something up and then make a decision.

I don't know. I assembled the majority of slabbed book collection through eBay auctions. I made sure to win or "capture" books at lower prices.

I feel I scored that Batman 227 in a 9.4 on a deal that could not be duplicated here or on the cLink or ComicConnect sites.

On Comiclink a few months ago I managed to win a bunch of 8.0-8.5 Silver Spidery's for far less than anyone was offering them

On the boards I scored a package deal of ASM 20, 29 and 53 all in 8.5 in a package deal that could not be duplicated anywhere.

I feel it is all in how you shop. Do your homework. Before I bid on a book on eBay I take a quick look and see what it sold for on CLink and CConnect so I know what the market is in regards to the other major places I shop. Then I go from there. We are in front of a computer. It does not take much more than a few extra clicks to look something up and then make a decision.

Lots of books in my collection have come from ebay, its just in the last 5 years or so there is a much greater chance of getting scammed or dealing with people who do not know how to pack comics correctly.

When ebay first started it was brilliant and I got some bargains that will never be rivaled anywhere else.

Those days for the most part are unfortunately gone. :cry:

Not to mention the fact that there are so FEW auctions on eBay anymore. It is almost exclusively BUY IT NOW or make a 'best offer.' This defeats the purpose of an 'auction site' in my opinion.

I really cleaned up and bought a lot of great books at auction in 2009-2010 when the financial crisis hit the hardest. I was getting high grade bronze age books for $100 that now sell for $300 or more...

Miss those times...on eBay that is. Still, I can't help feel sorry for the collectors who choose to sell at the wrong time.

Respectfully,

'mint'

Here

Comiclink

Commicconnect

Heritage auctions

Highgradecomcs.com

Pedigree comics

Mycomicshop.com

Comicanadirect.com

Smart shoppers can sometimes do better on eBay then they can on the auction sites and even here. It depends on doing your homework.

Exactly

I would not use this sentence, many transactions gone bad.....that's why we have a Hall of Shame and a Probation List.

That said, it's easier to get scammed on ebay.

You left out one of my favorite dealers! This dealer sold me my TOS 52 and TOS 53; both in CGC 9.2.

Greg Reece Rare Comics is a great dealer. Very honest and friendly.

Check out his site.

As for forum mebers, both Foolkiller and Joeypost tend to have great books from time to time, and offer great service.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

:baiting: