• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #1, 1963

35 posts in this topic

I dont know how bad those dimples will get banged out by CGC as ive never seen a graded book with defects like that (shrug)

IF they could press out, i'd say 7.5-8.0

If they cant, 7.0 ish

I can see 8.0 but it won't surprise me to see 8.5 after a press.

Robo and Bijou are 2 sellers on Ebay that are notorious for selling books that are over graded and/or restored. They are not but prolific in Marvel silver age keys. They seem to have unlimited supplies of high grade Marvel silver age keys :tonofbricks:

Definitely a VERY nice copy but i just cant see any higher than 8.0 even with a press. The top and bottom of the spine have some decent problems and looks like theres a little bit of rust happening on the bottom staple. I'll be VERY interested to see what this gets graded at but im gonna stick with 7.5.

Are you getting this slabbed? If so, get that going ASAP brotha and let us see the results!!! :baiting:

thanks for all of the good vibes. It sounds like an 8.0-8.5. The book show better in person, but the dings are there when you look close. I will know in the next week the grade. thanks for all the help.

thanks for all of the good vibes. It sounds like an 8.0-8.5. The book show better in person, but the dings are there when you look close. I will know in the next week the grade. thanks for all the help.

Good luck! :wishluck:

Worst comes to worst, you're looking at a 7.5 I think and even that is DAMN nice!

If you don't mind us asking, what's the back story on this book? Did you just get it or was it bought a while ago?

I am not quite as optimistic as an 8.0 though I am quite happy to be wrong. :) There's too much wear at the corners for me along with a few other wear items. :(

I don't know how long you've owned this book but if the provenance is unclear, I'd take a closer look at that top staple. There's a clean staple here with quite a bit of movement stress around it and the bottom staple is rusty but not nearly as stressed. Perhaps it's just me just being anal but I'd be double-checking the centrefold to ensure that there hasn't been a staple replacement. :sumo:

I am not quite as optimistic as an 8.0 though I am quite happy to be wrong. :) There's too much wear at the corners for me along with a few other wear items. :(

I don't know how long you've owned this book but if the provenance is unclear, I'd take a closer look at that top staple. There's a clean staple here with quite a bit of movement stress around it and the bottom staple is rusty but not nearly as stressed. Perhaps it's just me just being anal but I'd be double-checking the centrefold to ensure that there hasn't been a staple replacement. :sumo:

I dont usually look for things like that as for some reason staple replacement is a GA thing in my mind. Now that you saw that though, the top staple does look much cleaner and straighter than the bottom staple. That could definitely just be the scan or just the way they are but i would check that like rodan said hm

Yes the dimples pressed out just fine. I had Joe In Florida do the work and I am very happy with the outcome. I would gladly recommend him to anyone needing books pressed or information about grading. He is has a great handle on the process on getting the best possible grade for your book.