• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #1, 1963

35 posts in this topic

I am in the process of submitting this to CGC, but there are two dimples on the cover. Do I have them pressed or not? Depending on the grade given to the book, the cost of pressing is between $1000-$1,500 dollars plus waiting several (4-6 weeks for pressing). Anyone have any thoughts on pressing service from Comic Inc out of TX. . If someone has experience with pressing I would be interested in their feedback. Also, it would great if I could get some idea of the potential CGC grade before and maybe after the dimples are flatten. Thanks for your feedback

Photo bucket

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/Johnnyquest2012/

The three photos 454, 453,452 are the ones with the two dimples.

If you have seriously been quoted that much for pressing, then I would point you to the grading and restoration forum where all of your pressing questions can be answered.

I have never heard anything even remotely close the price you mentioned. I am not familiar with the company you are referring to though I suspect there are probably some here who have.

I am biased, but I would encourage you to contact joeypost at CFP Comics for an honest assessment.

If you have seriously been quoted that much for pressing, then I would point you to the grading and restoration forum where all of your pressing questions can be answered.

I have never heard anything even remotely close the price you mentioned. I am not familiar with the company you are referring to though I suspect there are probably some here who have.

I am biased, but I would encourage you to contact joeypost at CFP Comics for an honest assessment.

+1 get hold of CFP before you commit to any service or price.

Thank you. I called them and left a message. I have them in Lake Mary,FL. correct?

joeypost is a board member. You can always send him a PM. Here's a link to his profile.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=6298

He's your best bet, if you have any pressing done.

$1000-$1500 for pressing?! :o

The book looks stellar otherwise. If it is not restored, I personally would definitely try to press the dimple out.

I was gonna say in the other thread... That ain't right.

Unless they are including the submission cost (grading fees/shipping and guarantying their pre-screen grade/refunding you if they miss restro/etc... ) because they are submitting the book directly to CGC after they press it.

The person I spoke with did not seem to inspire confidence when I talked about pressing the 2 dimples on the cover. Maybe there was a misunderstanding of the services I requested. I would like to thing I was clear.

Do you have an idea of the grade for this book. I have not received any feed back on a CGC numbers. I know you have to assume for the most part there is no restoration performed on the book. The interior is complete etc. Any takers on putting a number on the book?

or is putting the pix on Photo bucket complicating things a bit? I am still up for trying to post it on this web site, if I get past the Mozzilia browser, and other thing in FAQ.

A good full solid scan of the front/back would be the most helpful. You can link to photobucket in here. Just click the image button in the full reply screen and paste the url to the image.

I just had a great conversation with Joey. Thank you

Joey is a great guy, so is Matt.

I am friends with both, but work for Matt.

If you want to maximize pressing your copy, I would send it to Matt.

Lots of things come into play, price, turn times, results.

Ask around, and go with who you feel best meets your criteria.

Either way, good luck with your book.

(thumbs u

If you pay $1,000 to get this booked pressed boy do I have a deal for you!! How's about $12,000,000.00 for a 9.0 copy of X-Force 1???

But seriously, give Joeypost a try. From what i have seen he does excellent work and is vvery fair with pricing.

Based on just this shot alone you can see an abraded ulc, and pretty severe spine/staple stress.

:(

This comes from my original miss place post I have on the restoration thread. It was base on the photos I linked with Photo bucket. Detailed shots of the spine and dimple etc.

Thanks for feed back.

If you want to send me a private message or post a website, How do I get in touch with Matt?