• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

best comic store in london

23 posts in this topic

Forbidden Planet is worth going to. It's one of the biggest comic shops in the world i believe. They also sell everything comics related such toys, books, clothes, posters, statues, etc.

The prices are expensive and you probably won't find good deals if your're looking to buy comics but it's definetly fun to go in there and browse (thumbs u

http://forbiddenplanet.com/

Forbidden Planet is worth going to. It's one of the biggest comic shops in the world i believe. They also sell everything comics related such toys, books, clothes, posters, statues, etc.

The prices are expensive and you probably won't find good deals if your're looking to buy comics but it's definetly fun to go in there and browse (thumbs u

You forgot to tell him that he will need to cleanse his soul upon leaving that particular establishment :facepalm:

You forgot to tell him that he will need to cleanse his soul upon leaving that particular establishment :facepalm:

Hmm something i don't know about? hm

Not sure what FP store you go to in London, but their main flagship store in central London has no individual back issues over a year old at all. They do have an occassional set of 4-5 year old titles priced cheaply, but thats limited to maybe a bin or two of stock at best.

Great place to visit and look around. There statue cabinet is awesome. But (as mentioned above) the price are high. It is easy to keep all your cash in your pocket. I know they are in London and have a big overhead, but there is a limit to what they can get from me. I have been a couple of times and never bought any books or toys.

Regarding comics. Only moderns and trades.

Not sure what FP store you go to in London, but their main flagship store in central London has no individual back issues over a year old at all. They do have an occassional set of 4-5 year old titles priced cheaply, but thats limited to maybe a bin or two of stock at best.

Oh i didn't know that. I've not been in many years. When i used to go they had tons of back issue stock in that big circular room.

Oh i didn't know that. I've not been in many years. When i used to go they had tons of back issue stock in that big circular room.

FP are a soulless corporate store that has little to do with comics and more to do with toys and ephemera. The staff in the one near me are as ignorant and rude a bunch of humans you are ever likely to meet.

Try Orbital instead. Much better than FP. Good selection of back issues and friendly knowledgable staff. Mega City is also worth a visit.

FP is big, but crud. Very poor handling of stock.

Alternatively, you could contact FT and see if you can visit Comicana.

FP are a soulless corporate store that has little to do with comics and more to do with toys and ephemera. The staff in the one near me are as ignorant and rude a bunch of humans you are ever likely to meet.

Perfectly described (worship)

Perfectly described (worship)

I was in the Boro store at the weekend.

The two staff members were more interested in playing on their phones than actually acknowledging there was anyone in the store.

It's also good to see that the standard store practice of kicking comics around the store several times before putting them on a shelf is a standard practice in all stores, not just Shaftsbury Avenue. It indicates some level of corporate communication and perhpas even standardised corporate training.

FP comics - more spine damage than a geriatric centipede convention.

And that's being kind.

And that's being kind.

Forbidden Planet is a freakin' supermarket. :P

It was a supermarket back in 1995 when I first went to London, it was more of a supermarket in 1999, even more so in 2003, and, unbelievably, even more so in 2007.

I can't even imagine how things are now.

Try Orbital instead. Much better than FP. Good selection of back issues and friendly knowledgable staff. Mega City is also worth a visit.

FP is big, but crud. Very poor handling of stock.

Alternatively, you could contact FT and see if you can visit Comicana.

Orbital has the best selection of back issues in central London at present, but i do believe that the Comicana Direct store, is just 20 minutes by train from Central London. From their website i can only presume they have a lot more stock than Orbital and i know that they are a lot tighter on grading.

I have 11 boxes of back issues and 1 CGC slab :insane:

Chris,

I'm surprised that you still have that Strawberry Shortcake #1 CGC 4.5

Must have a huge amount of sentimental value.

Like those X-Force #1s your holding onto :baiting:

I have 11 boxes of back issues and 1 CGC slab :insane:

Chris,

I'm surprised that you still have that Strawberry Shortcake #1 CGC 4.5

Must have a huge amount of sentimental value.

Like those X-Force #1s your holding onto :baiting:

he will never live that down lol