• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Rises massacre survivor sues everyone he possibly can

72 posts in this topic

He's suing Warner Brothers, the theater, and the doctors who prescribed Vicodin to James Holmes...because, of course, someone has to be responsible for all of this aside from Holmes himself since he has no deep pockets to pick. :facepalm::eyeroll:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-holmes-lawsuit-man-blames-theater-doctors-and-warner-bros-for-shootings-78760/

Suing the doctor and the studios is ridiculous. Suing the Theatre, not so much imo. They were arguably negligent in allowing him to use the emergency exit to go out and retrieve his weapons and then come back in for the shootings. I'm not a fan of suing everybody under the sun(even though i was a criminal attorney) but thats easy to say sitting here. If i actually had my best friend killed right in front of me??? I cant say i wouldnt be looking to sue someone (shrug)

He's suing Warner Brothers, the theater, and the doctors who prescribed Vicodin to James Holmes...because, of course, someone has to be responsible for all of this aside from Holmes himself since he has no deep pockets to pick. :facepalm::eyeroll:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-holmes-lawsuit-man-blames-theater-doctors-and-warner-bros-for-shootings-78760/

+1

It seems a bit too soon to start lawsuits before all the facts can be reviewed. Let's bury the dead first, then start pointing fingers.

The suit against whoever prescribed him a painkiller is baffling. I was on Vicodin for half a year--two ounces of just about any type of alcohol gives you more of a buzz than 2-3 of those pills. If he had been drunk, I'm sure Jack Daniels would be included in the suit. :eyeroll:

"Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today," Karpel said according to TMZ.

Does anyone else think that statement reeks of the stinkiest form of hypocrisy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason Karpel was at the theatre in the first place was because he paid good money in order to watch said "rampant violence"? Or is he claiming that he had no idea what the movie was about?

:facepalm:

I'd like to sue the chick in Ches' sig line for wearing too much clothing ... :devil:

You would have to sue the Olympics too since it's part of their standard uniform, as well as the broadcasters, the camera men, and the guy who made that lovely gif.

I'd like to sue the chick in Ches' sig line for wearing too much clothing ... :devil:

You would have to sue the Olympics too since it's part of their standard uniform, as well as the broadcasters, the camera men, and the guy who made that lovely gif.

Getting those Victorian-era prudish Olympic uniforms pared down to a smaller size is worth a lawsuit. :headbang:

Him, I'll spare and split the proceeds ... :grin:

Getting those Victorian-era prudish Olympic uniforms pared down to a smaller size is worth a lawsuit. :headbang:

Amen brother ...at least in her case it is.

"Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today," Karpel said according to TMZ.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason Karpel was at the theatre in the first place was because he paid good money in order to watch said "rampant violence"? Or is he claiming that he had no idea what the movie was about?

Karpel is the name of the attorney. Torrence Brown, Jr. is the name of the douchenozzle POS.

The ancient Olympics were done in the nude.

and so the TSA era of theaters begins.

Oh its coming alright...get ready to pee in a cup to get into a grocery store and give blood samples to be let into the gym. That's exactly where we are headed.

:hi: liberties

Karpel is the name of the attorney. Torrence Brown, Jr. is the name of the douchenozzle POS.

D'oh! Right you are.

Still, I think it's a douchey move to sue someone for producing a product you bought knowing full well what it was. Sort of like those people who sue fast food franchises because they got fat...