• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anything new this week in your copper age collection?

85 posts in this topic

Been collecting DHP for years off and on, but never came across this before. Thought is was just a neat item. Doesn't look overly expensive online but I was stoked to pick it up nonetheless!

cKhMWFSh.jpg

We have one of those movie-book-comic books-poster stories that opened up a few months back in our area, called 2nd & Charles. I didn't bother going to the grand opening.

Pop in for a few minutes to look around, and shot through the non-Modern section of their books.

mNeY7VR.jpg

- Action Comics 583 ($9): 9.6 candidate

- Action Comics 598 ($.95): 9.6 with a shot at 9.8 it is so tight and clean

- Bloodshot 51 ($.95): Easy 9.6 to 9.8 candidate hidden in a long box of Bloodshot 1's

- Death Rattle 8 ($1): 9.4 (+) and really clean

Now I am wondering what was picked through over the months.

:ohnoez:

We have one of those movie-book-comic books-poster stories that opened up a few months back in our area, called 2nd & Charles. I didn't bother going to the grand opening.

Pop in for a few minutes to look around, and shot through the non-Modern section of their books.

mNeY7VR.jpg

- Action Comics 583 ($9): 9.6 candidate

- Action Comics 598 ($.95): 9.6 with a shot at 9.8 it is so tight and clean

- Bloodshot 51 ($.95): Easy 9.6 to 9.8 candidate hidden in a long box of Bloodshot 1's

- Death Rattle 8 ($1): 9.4 (+) and really clean

Now I am wondering what was picked through over the months.

:ohnoez:

maybe gems, but maybe nothing too. You might have been the only savvy buyer there yet, who knows?

maybe gems, but maybe nothing too. You might have been the only savvy buyer there yet, who knows?

'maybe nothing too'? No, that wasn't it. The Bloodshot #51 alone made the entire quick visit worth it.

Bloodshot #51 completed/closed lots

But being a savvy buyer was more the situation. There were collectors around me pulling out comics without any idea what they were rifling by. I even grabbed a DC Comics Presents #87 (1st appearance of Superboy-Prime) for a $1 that is 9.4/9.6 that was stuck in the Superman section. It was definitely a good first-visit experience.

'maybe nothing too'? No, that wasn't it. The Bloodshot #51 alone made the entire quick visit worth it.

Bloodshot #51 completed/closed lots

But being a savvy buyer was more the situation. There were collectors around me pulling out comics without any idea what they were rifling by. I even grabbed a DC Comics Presents #87 (1st appearance of Superboy-Prime) for a $1 that is 9.4/9.6 that was stuck in the Superman section. It was definitely a good first-visit experience.

It's worth it even if you are way off on your grade and it is a 9.0-9.2.

$9 for Action 583 is a risk.

I haven't been having that much luck lately. Bought a nice stack of late 70s/early 80s GI Combats, Weird Wars, and Sgt. Rocks cheap, but they're all 6.0 - 8.0 books, maybe a couple better, so nothing to get super excited about.

Very upset that the guy who used to work at one of my shops left. He was always good about letting me have some bags n boards whenever I bought a stack of books, even out of the cheap-o box.

SO jealous... Awesome sight. Did you submit those or buy them slabbed? Guessing you bought since its the 2nd gen holder.

I wish I submitted them. It would have saved me some money. Bought them slabbed for my personal collection

SO jealous... Awesome sight. Did you submit those or buy them slabbed? Guessing you bought since its the 2nd gen holder.

I wish I submitted them. It would have saved me some money. Bought them slabbed for my personal collection

Grats! Keep'em forever. :applause:

:applause:

Probably one of the last non-OA comic purchases I will ever make, but I finally got copies of Strangers in Paradise Vol. 1 1-3 in first prints. I only have the trades, but I wanted the floppies before they vanish from the earth entirely.

IMG_5556%20Custom.jpg

(I see-sawed on putting this here vs. Modern. Anyone know when we are getting a Chromium Age subforum?)