• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return Shipping from CGC using UPS?

12 posts in this topic

I apologize if this question has been answered in another thread, but I did use the search function and I could not find anything...

I have hundreds of CGC books, but I am new to actually submitting my own books.

My question is, can I choose to have CGC return my graded books by UPS, rather than Registered US Mail or Fed Ex? I would prefer to use UPS as the Registered Mail and Fed Ex options are much more expensive.

I did a convention submission recently and my invoice shows that they are returning the books by UPS for about $12 total.

However, the online submission form does not list UPS as an option, and using Registered Mail or FedEx is going to cost roughly $40 to $50, versus about $12 with UPS.

Can I call CGC and ask them to use UPS? Do I need my own UPS account?

Thanks!

I have used Fedex instead of USPS Registered for return shipping. Not sure about UPS.

After printing the online forms I simply wrote my instructions on every page.

However, I believe you must have an account with the other carrier. You give CGC your account number. The other thing is insurance, which costs more than the shipping. I have private insurance if I use Fedex. I simply instructed CGC not to insure.

I would call and ask to verify all this but I believe it is possible.

If you are a paid member, you can download the submission form online and it DOES give you options either UPS or registered mail. For the large amount of books, ups is cheaper than usps. If you submit online through other member account you don't have option for the return shipping.

If you are a paid member, you can download the submission form online and it DOES give you options either UPS or registered mail. For the large amount of books, ups is cheaper than usps. If you submit online through other member account you don't have option for the return shipping.

This is probably correct. All this is predicated on the fact that you are a paid member doing your own submissions.

I am a paid premium member of CGC. I downloaded the online submission form, but there is no UPS option listed. It only lists Registered Mail, Fed Ex, and "other", but it definitely does not specifically list UPS.

Maybe I have an old online submission form?

Thanks.

You would need to have a United Parcel Account and note it on your submission forms.

You only have to give it to them once, after that just mark the other box and note UPS Account on file.

I just signed up for a UPS account.

So, how does this work? I tell CGC to send via UPS, give them my UPS account number, then UPS sends me the bill for the shipping cost? Or does CGC tell me what the UPS shipping cost will be beforehand?

Thanks.

I am a paid premium member of CGC. I downloaded the online submission form, but there is no UPS option listed. It only lists Registered Mail, Fed Ex, and "other", but it definitely does not specifically list UPS.

Maybe I have an old online submission form?

Thanks.

You would need to have a United Parcel [uPS] Account and note it on your submission forms.

You only have to give it to them once, after that just mark the other box and note UPS Account on file.

You would need to have a United Parcel Account and note it on your submission forms.

I just signed up for a UPS account.

So, how does this work? I tell CGC to send via UPS, give them my UPS account number, then UPS sends me the bill for the shipping cost? Or does CGC tell me what the UPS shipping cost will be beforehand?

Thanks.

Yes, note it on the forms as Blazing indicated and then write it on all submissions moving forward.

Not sure why they don't offer the option on the forms--must be some legal or liability reason.