• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starting a small Alex Maleev fansite

15 posts in this topic

Anyone ever wonder if Alex Maleev is really Bill Sienkewicz (sp?) drawing in complete darkness while wearing a pair of thick 15Kv Electrical Lineman's gloves? So many of the illustrations I've seen thusfar by Maleev look as though they were done by an adolescent Sienkewicz prior to any formalized training in art or anatomy.

I think proportion and anatomy are Maleev´s strenghts actually. I noticed though that I very much prefer his recent Daredevil works to his previous one´s (Crow, Superman vs Predator etc. - I also like those, but on DD he made a good step into the right direction I think).

Jens -

Couldn't really see the whole thing (crummy home PC!), but what I saw looked good. Will let you know again when I view at work (good computer!).

Hammer has an interesting point. Maleev's style has that raw, scratchy feel like Sienkewicz, but I think Jens is dead-on (lord help me tongue.gif ) about the anatomy by Maleev.

Chris