• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patiently awaiting my hulk 181 *edit*. Not coming! Booo

46 posts in this topic

But honestly it's killing me, what's the most stressful wait time you've had to suffer through?

And what made it so stressful, expensive books, not sure if you're being scammed. All that good stuff.

Yeah but tracking to Canada can be vague at best, says shipping info was received but it hasn't updated, which has happened in the past. Things will say they're in customs and arrive that day.

I once had a 2.5K book left on my front porch when I was out of town for a couple days, even though the seller purchased delivery confirmation / signature required. That was scary.

Now I have a PO Box!

Imagine the good ole days when you had to mail for a catalogue, receive the catalogue, mail your cheque and purchase options and then wait for the cheque to cash before you get your new item in - if it was in stock.

Personally, I think the chase and the waiting is sometimes the best part.

Once you get it, it's onto chasing the next thing.

Imagine the good ole days when you had to mail for a catalogue, receive the catalogue, mail your cheque and purchase options and then wait for the cheque to cash before you get your new item in - if it was in stock.

there is much wisdom in this post

I once had a 2.5K book left on my front porch when I was out of town for a couple days, even though the seller purchased delivery confirmation / signature required. That was scary.

Now I have a PO Box!

See this may come into play, I work shiftwork, thought I planned it right so it would arrive while I'm on nights. If its not here by Friday it may have a wait outside..no rain, no rain.

Yes, I remember those days.Getting the catalog was exciting in itself! The anticipation was a large part of the fun. Seems these days, instant gratification rules....makes one yearn for the days gone by.

We used to order skateboards from a company in California called CCS, it would take weeks and all you could do was hope your old deck made it through the wait. This is my second expensive purchase, the first being the walking dead 1-22, but this is the first comming from the states.

Reading the thread about the missing signed AF 15 was a really, really bad idea.

If you're going to live by everything you read on the internet you need to stay away from it.

99% of books get delivered safely. Go enjoy the sunshine. Your book will probably arrive safely.

(thumbs u

Soooooo just got off the phone with paypal, they closed my case in my favor. This book just ain't comin'. Turns out I didn't join the boards early enough to find out the seller was a naughty girl. Ah well, neg left for her and my munnies are safe. I just need to take my head out of my A and do more research first.

Yeah but tracking to Canada can be vague at best, says shipping info was received but it hasn't updated, which has happened in the past. Things will say they're in customs and arrive that day.

I had the opposite last week. I ordered a book that had free shipping and didn't notice the guy was in Canada. It took me awhile to figure out that his tracking number was a Canadian post. Ebay just kept linking me over to USPS although the tracking number didn't exist there. Then it didn't post any news until Tuesday of this week. It just said that it had been received in the US. Then it didn't update until it magically appeared today.

Going across the border just seems tricky in general. Or you Canucks just don't have a good postal tracking system...

Soooooo just got off the phone with paypal, they closed my case in my favor. This book just ain't comin'. Turns out I didn't join the boards early enough to find out the seller was a naughty girl. Ah well, neg left for her and my munnies are safe. I just need to take my head out of my A and do more research first.

Who exactly is this seller?

Haha, no it was a USPS receipt #, so zarduzi's sweetheart printed a label to give me a # but never dropped off anything according to both PayPal and USPS.