• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do these new pedigrees rank?

73 posts in this topic

Since I've been out of the loop for the last year, not sure what these pedigrees consist of. Among all pedigrees, are these in the middle of the pack, or closer to top-tier????

I know most people think its a marketing ploy and not 'true" pedigree but the suscha news books are as nice as any books ive ever seen, especially the BA books.

The Twin Cities ped i think most people consider more of a true Pedigree because of the higher graded monster keys but still people dont really think of it in the same league as the older ones. The TC books also are INSANELY nice in hand.

I dont know about the Savannahs. Most of them have pretty bad PQ and i havent really come across many of them at auction so i cant really speak about them.

So, basically, i'd say in most Pedigree peoples minds, the TC books are almost right there with the other true Pedigrees, the Suscha books are definitely a step below and kind of poo poo'd and id say the Savannah books are in the same boat with Suschas (shrug)

Not sure why there is so much hate for the RM's [because Comiclink rolled them out???], TC's and Suscha's. The Suscha's seem to have endlessharp copies of my favorite BA's books. The TC's may not have top census copies but you would be hard pressed to find so many glossy books with great PQ anywhere, even with long established pedigree's.

I know most people think its a marketing ploy and not 'true" pedigree but the suscha news books are as nice as any books ive ever seen, especially the BA books.

The Twin Cities ped i think most people consider more of a true Pedigree because of the higher graded monster keys but still people dont really think of it in the same league as the older ones. The TC books also are INSANELY nice in hand.

I dont know about the Savannahs. Most of them have pretty bad PQ and i havent really come across many of them at auction so i cant really speak about them.

So, basically, i'd say in most Pedigree peoples minds, the TC books are almost right there with the other true Pedigrees, the Suscha books are definitely a step below and kind of poo poo'd and id say the Savannah books are in the same boat with Suschas (shrug)

I agree with you. I think the Twin Cities ranks up there with the legendary pedigrees.

For a while, the Rocky Mountain ped was garnering a lot of respect. I think some soft grades on Rocky Mountain hurt them a bit. I don't avoid Rocky Mountain but I don't seek them out like a Twin Cities.

Definitely Savannah is in the toilet for me. Too crispy and bad page quality. I have nothing against the Suscha News but I have no interest in owning a copy either. I think it's the name, just doesn't sound good. Another ped with a bad name is the Edenwald.

Not sure why there is so much hate for the RM's [because Comiclink rolled them out???], TC's and Suscha's. The Suscha's seem to have endlessharp copies of my favorite BA's books. The TC's may not have top census copies but you would be hard pressed to find so many glossy books with great PQ anywhere, even with long established pedigree's.

I think the Rocky Mountains are really nice books, very nice quality in terms of colors and preservation and worth a slight premium if you're into that thing.

While some of the PQ designations may be regarded as inferior the Savannah pedigree was massive in terms of breadth and depth. The collection spanned all genres from the 1950's to the near present. Call it what you want, it's an impressive pedigree with 40,000 books spanning 5 decades.

Yep the Savannah books are all that and a bag of chips. Especially for those of us collecting obscure DC titles. You can keep all that Twin City marvel crappola :P Everyone and their brother has those books lying around....

Savananah books seem to have the biggest swing in grades and print quality. Some of the Sav books are great, others less so. Its not a tight condition set, vs some others. But maybe that comes with the fact that it was such a huge collection so there's gonna be more condition variability.

Most other peds are virtually buy sight-unseen. Savannah books you want to see before you snap em up.

Savananah books seem to have the biggest swing in grades and print quality. Some of the Sav books are great, others less so. Its not a tight condition set, vs some others. But maybe that comes with the fact that it was such a huge collection so there's gonna be more condition variability.

(thumbs u

They were all over the place but Gems did exist

Joe

(thumbs u

They were all over the place but Gems did exist

Joe

It's weird with the Savannah's. It seems like titles I don't collect like DC that are VERY hard to find with good PQ, Savannah's have white pages like yours there. Marvel books though that you almost NEVER see with less than ow/w PQ, the Savannah's are c/ow ???

I can't decide if he was a DC fan and kept better care of those or a Marvel fan and maybe had them out reading then a lot (shrug)

I agree with you. I think the Twin Cities ranks up there with the legendary pedigrees.

For a while, the Rocky Mountain ped was garnering a lot of respect. I think some soft grades on Rocky Mountain hurt them a bit. I don't avoid Rocky Mountain but I don't seek them out like a Twin Cities.

Definitely Savannah is in the toilet for me. Too crispy and bad page quality. I have nothing against the Suscha News but I have no interest in owning a copy either. I think it's the name, just doesn't sound good. Another ped with a bad name is the Edenwald.

You should grab a couple Suschas bob! ( just not Avengers buddy! :baiting: )

Some of the whitest brightest books I've ever seen which I know you love. As a Ped, it gets bad mouthed for not having the true monster keys or pre 1965 books which I understand. The books it does have though are out of this world for the most part. Pretty much every single BA Suscha I have is INSANELY nice in hand with amazing color and gloss. (thumbs u