• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

I'm really excited about this book. I like that it's black and white. Apparently the writer and artist are confident that the content will carry the book. Is any one picking this title up, excited about this book, eager to talk about it? I'm picking up a couple copies of the incentive cover and a few copies of the regular cover. I think it could be a winner, but I haven't read it yet so this is all speculation. I'll let you know what I think when I get through its pages.

Apparenly there's a SDCC variant that I just learned about, if someone has one for sale, please PM me. The were selling for $10 on eBay, but I like most board members was busy hunting Walking Dead and Revival variants and it slid under the radar. I'll pay cash or even trade a book that's worth more than this book just because I have a number of copies of the other covers coming in and the anal, OCD comic collector inside wants a copy of all the covers. Any leads are apprecaited and like I said, please PM me so that I don't derail this conversation anymore than this post already has. On the other hand, if someone read the SDCC variant, what did you think? Please share, then PM me and sell me the copy unless your in love and then PM me and trade me for something that is worth more than that book. lol Sorry again if that request is inappropriate, but I feat that few actually reaad the WTB section and that Dre and JJ won't have any and I don't know anyone else who went to SDCC and got Top Cow stuff.

Apparenly there's a SDCC variant that I just learned about, if someone has one for sale, please PM me. The were selling for $10 on eBay, but I like most board members was busy hunting Walking Dead and Revival variants and it slid under the radar. I'll pay cash or even trade a book that's worth more than this book just because I have a number of copies of the other covers coming in and the anal, OCD comic collector inside wants a copy of all the covers. Any leads are apprecaited and like I said, please PM me so that I don't derail this conversation anymore than this post already has. On the other hand, if someone read the SDCC variant, what did you think? Please share, then PM me and sell me the copy unless your in love and then PM me and trade me for something that is worth more than that book. lol Sorry again if that request is inappropriate, but I feat that few actually reaad the WTB section and that Dre and JJ won't have any and I don't know anyone else who went to SDCC and got Top Cow stuff.

PM me first lol

Yeah - as Isaid in another thread - ordered 5 but won't be picking them up.

Someone else can have them.

Theres a beauty coming out in Oct - Bedlam.

From Image's Website:

New thriller from Top Cow's Minotaur Press

BERKELEY, CA - June 12, 2012 — Image Comics and Minotaur Press, an imprint of Top Cow Productions, proudly announce the newest addition to their critically acclaimed line: THINK TANK. From the creative minds of Matt Hawkins (LADY PENDRAGON, PILOT SEASON: THE TEST) and Rahsan Ekedal (ECHOES, Solomon Kane), THINK TANK #1 blends taut action with the actual science of today.

Child prodigy, inventor, genius, slacker… mass murderer. These are all ways to describe the brilliant Dr. David Loren. When a military think tank’s smartest scientist decides he can no longer stomach creating weapons of destruction, will he be able to think his way out of his dilemma or find himself subject to the machinations of smaller men?

Debuting in August, THINK TANK is a four-issue science action thriller that will appeal to fans of other hit Image series like MANHATTAN PROJECTS and THE ACTIVITY.

"Dr. Loren's life and situation are my commentary on American so-called exceptionalism in a modern day setting with real science and weapons that you've never heard of that do actually exist," said writer Matt Hawkins. "The drones you see on TV flying in Afghanistan are decades-old technology. We marvel at these but the stuff coming out of DARPA and actual think tanks today rivals some of the most creative stuff you see in the best science fiction."

Published under Top Cow Productions' Minotaur Press imprint, the 32-page, black-and-white THINK TANK #1 will be in stores on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 for $3.99. It is available for pre-order now in the June issue of Previews (order code JUN120435).

Loved the first issue. This book was perfect for me. I really like the main character and how he's portrayed as morally conflicted and in over his head. I don't mind the black and white, much like Walking Dead but dare I say that the art in Think Tank is better than the Walking Dead - much better as a matter of fact. I may be wrong but I'm betting that this book gets picked up as an ongoing. It is just plain cool. I also think it would easily transition to TV so those of you who are looking for the next Walking Dead - you heard it hear first. Bold claim. Am I nuts? You tell me.

Pirate, did you read the first issue? Did you like it? I know that you weren't as impressed as I was, so what did you not like about it or is it something you can't articulate but just fealt about the book?

Just got done reading the first issue and I enjoyed it. I tend to shy away from black and white books, but I'm getting more into them, especially with the insane success of The Walking Dead. Personally, I thought the first issue was solid. I like the main character and am interested to see where it goes from here. I could definitely see this turning into an ongoing, but I'm not holding my breath.