• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Issue 4 was awesome. This is becoming one of my favorite comics. I'm really shocked that more people aren't reading it? Any one else reading/enjoying this title?

It's a super book, right up there with Saga and Locke and Key for me. I know that people who are not reading this book are really missing out!

+1

Prediction. This is a sleeper that with come out of left field and people will be like, "where did this come from." I have dug it from issue one and am on board. One of my top reads monthly and the art is great.

I'm keeping my baby on ice...

8190777017_19495e5a19.jpg

+1

Prediction. This is a sleeper that with come out of left field and people will be like, "where did this come from." I have dug it from issue one and am on board. One of my top reads monthly and the art is great.

I'm keeping my baby on ice...

8190777017_19495e5a19.jpg

+1 +1 This has been my way of thinking since reading the first issue and then seeing the sales number.

Ok so based on the talk in this thread and various reviews I have seen I decided to download #1 on Comixology for starters. I loved it enough to download 2, 3, and 4 and I couldn't stop reading until I'd read the whole lot.

I never really warmed to the premise of this book because I've never been one to read crime/espionage/military books so I avoided this like the plague.

What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I was! This is one of the most well written books I've read this year. Absolutely fantastic. The art matches the dialogue brilliantly too.

I usually don't like dialogue heavy books either but this is one hell of a read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am on board for future issues - no doubt. I regret not picking this up on pre-order now!

You downloaded it???

You only get 8gb a year in hill-billy town!

This must be good.

No really,I mean it,if James downloaded this - it must be awesome.

He lives in a settlement that Negan wouldn't bother with.

But they have a shop.

Open Wednseday 3pm - 3.30 pm.

Cigarettes,condoms and alcohol only.

Tasmania is like that.

Deliverance 2.0

:jokealert:

Tasmania is one of the most stunning,friendly and ecologically sound places on the planet.

If you don't go there, you have deprived yourself of one of the Worlds wonders.

And the Cheesy Scallop pies are to die for.

Really - they are.

Best seafood and cider in the world - including the UK.

Visit Tassie!

I don't really want to do this Andy but you leave me with no choice...

face-punch.jpg

Ahhh that felt better lol

oops I just read all the good stuff that you said about Tasmania. Too late though - the punch can't be taken back.

BTW our shop is open a whole 5 days a week! No-one opens on weekends...Do they?

Gave it a go last night. Liked the art and over emphasis on the character outlines, liked the pace, found the story a little cheesy but well executed. The focus was on the tech being clever and not necessarily the people. I guess I expected Loren to be the one oozing the cleverness. Maybe the confines of his character and surroundings have not yet allowed him to be in a real world situation or mystery that could allow him the scope to do so.

If there is a setup going on then I haven't noticed it yet (which could be great). So far all I see coming is they didn't know he knew they knew about...

In a few months if it branches off down the detective / conspiracy / mystery path (for want of a better description) then it has my interest as it will allow Loren to shine / show off. Otherwise it's Spy vs Spy for me (errr... Scientist vs Scientist.... Q vs Q).

2c

Gave it a go last night. Liked the art and over emphasis on the character outlines, liked the pace, found the story a little cheesy but well executed. The focus was on the tech being clever and not necessarily the people. I guess I expected Loren to be the one oozing the cleverness. Maybe the confines of his character and surroundings have not yet allowed him to be in a real world situation or mystery that could allow him the scope to do so.

If there is a setup going on then I haven't noticed it yet (which could be great). So far all I see coming is they didn't know he knew they knew about...

In a few months if it branches off down the detective / conspiracy / mystery path (for want of a better description) then it has my interest as it will allow Loren to shine / show off. Otherwise it's Spy vs Spy for me (errr... Scientist vs Scientist.... Q vs Q).

2c

How many issues did you read?