• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Now that we know that this book is an ongoing title, I hope more people give it a shot. I think it has enormous potential. I am also interested in what is going on with the SDCC variant and the 1:10 variant. They appear to be the same book. Does anyone know what the deal is with that. Did Image use the same cover for both books but change something else about the variants? Any insight or information is appreciated.

I have a handful of copies of the 1:10 but the initial listing indicated that the SDCC variant was limited to a 1,000 copies. I wonder if that means that the print run on this book was at or around 10,000? So they printed 1,000 B covers gave however many away at SDCC and the rest went to retailers who ordered 10 copies with some retailers ordering odd numbers and others ordering less than 10 copies?

I also purchased copies of the SDCC variant (sight unseen) and received B covers and have had this discussion with the sellers who told me that this was the SDCC variant, but none of them got it at SDCC to my knowledge.

Here is the Top Cow booth information from SDCC.

Top Cow (#2629)

ARTIFACTS #19 Broussard Comic-Con Exclusive Variant Cover

THE DARKNESS #105 Portacio Comic-Con Exclusive Variant Cover

THINK TANK #1 Bagus Comic-Con Exclusive Variant Cover

SUNSET Limited Edition Comic-Con Exclusive Hardcover

I believe the 1:10 "SDCC" variant has also had the name Bagus Variant assigned to it from time to time. I can't even find think tank in the July Sales Figures.