• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Quick story: I have a friend that is not into comics, but I gave him a Think Tank #1. He's read 1-4 and is hooked. It's a great read and one of my top 2 from 2012 (Bedlam being the other). I dig Revival as well, but Think Tank is just awesome.

Why aren't more people reading this book!?

That is a good question. My guess is because a LCS didnt order them, nor do i remember every hearing about it as in hype. Atelast I never saw it. I have 4 locals near me and none of them had it. I just happened to see it on midtown and ordered it blindly. Somehow on accident i ordered 10 which im glad I did now.

Quick story: I have a friend that is not into comics, but I gave him a Think Tank #1. He's read 1-4 and is hooked. It's a great read and one of my top 2 from 2012 (Bedlam being the other). I dig Revival as well, but Think Tank is just awesome.

I really cant figure it out either.

I will say that once the book blows up, many people will be left scrambling trying to find back issues with the 5k average print run.

That is a good question. My guess is because a LCS didnt order them, nor do i remember every hearing about it as in hype. Atelast I never saw it. I have 4 locals near me and none of them had it. I just happened to see it on midtown and ordered it blindly. Somehow on accident i ordered 10 which im glad I did now.

Thats a great mistake to make!

Make sure you snag a TPB. I bet the print run is pretty small

The 'mini' reason makes sense. I have passed on several books for this reason. I'm glad I bought Happy! though because it rocks (should be an ongoing, but don't know how they could make it work unless that :censored: donkey just kept hanging around - kinda reminds me of Shrek with cursing and violence).

Two words to explain why this book is not picked up by reader "Top Cow". Since the launch of witchblade and darkness in 90s and the crash in 00s, they haven't produce a quality book for long time. No one read Top Cow stuff any more. I collect darkness books since that is my first series that i read but the quality is nothing compare to the original storyline or the artwork. The only other decent title from topcow recently is artifacts and there is supposed to be a big launch of ravine next year. Beside that no one pay attention for any books produced by topcow. It just funny when you look back in time, some of the beloved artists in today are came from topcow: David finch, Michael turner, Eric basaldua, Joe benitez, billy tan, just name a few.

Two words to explain why this book is not picked up by reader "Top Cow". Since the launch of witchblade and darkness in 90s and the crash in 00s, they haven't produce a quality book for long time. No one read Top Cow stuff any more. I collect darkness books since that is my first series that i read but the quality is nothing compare to the original storyline or the artwork. The only other decent title from topcow recently is artifacts and there is supposed to be a big launch of ravine next year. Beside that no one pay attention for any books produced by topcow. It just funny when you look back in time, some of the beloved artists in today are came from topcow: David finch, Michael turner, Eric basaldua, Joe benitez, billy tan, just name a few.

It's still on the Image website and has an Image logo on the cover but regardless of all that, it is a fantastic book and should not be missed.

If you haven't read it yet make sure you do because if you haven't you really are missing out.

This book is like that movie you watch and say "that was good" after it's over. And then you keep looking back on it, remembering scene after scene, and then thinking "holy he!! that was awesome. I miss those guys. I want more!"

I did that with Anchorman after I first watched it and then quoted it nonstop for 2 years.

I could be alone, but that's how this book feels to me.

It needs word of mouth.

I worry that a book like this will be cancelled before it gets a critical mass of followers.