• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Through two issues of the second story arc, I'm already digging it more than the first, and that's after venturing to say I am probably one of the top ten Think Tank fans on the planet. Seeing Dr. David Loren take the gloves off is awesome, and the last few pages of #6 show is where he was going with it. Can't wait to talk to Matt Hawkins again this weekend in Anaheim.

Just read issue 6. MH is doing a hell of a job on this book. Well researched and thought out.

While a lot of books out now are science fiction, post apocalyptic or alternative histories, the subject matter in this book is very topical. Most of the applications and concepts discussed in this book are possibly being used today.

Hawkins is pulling back the curtain and painting a thought provoking picture of the world we don't know we live in.

:golfclap: well done, sir.

My #6 is coming tomorrow :banana: along with all the other goodies everyone is talking about this week. Excited to do some epic reading tomorrow. Off work and will assume the comic reading position.

You will not be disappointed.

I hope everyone who reads this book is reading the Science Class section. It really adds to the story, and it will make you smarter.

Matt Hawkins just posted this page from TT #7 on his facebook page. Um, I want it. It will probably be for sale at about $125-$150 is my guess, if anyone here really wants it I won't buy it, let me know, otherwise I'm gonna add it to my collection.

tt_zps4f47ae0c.jpg

From Matt Hawkins' facebook page today:

Matt Hawkins

I've been hired to write a disaster pic. Long story as to how and it's not out in the press yet stay tuned for details but in doing the research for it I've watched a lot of bad disaster flicks. One of my favorite first acts of a film (first 30 min or so) is Independence Day. Up until about minute 40 where you see the devastation post attack one of my fave films (ever). Then it falls apart completely. Studying all those films there is definitely some interesting "tropes" for me I love Deep Impact and Contagion. Couple people recommended Testament and Day After watching those Sunday post Wondercon.

Matt Hawkins just posted this page from TT #7 on his facebook page. Um, I want it. It will probably be for sale at about $125-$150 is my guess, if anyone here really wants it I won't buy it, let me know, otherwise I'm gonna add it to my collection.

You found it so its all yours, but I would buy that in a heart beat

If you really want it I would contact the artist or his agent in advance with a deposit or full payment. Once they post it, it's open to anyone. I'm not after it, just saying. TT OA has not been blowing up, so I think you would be safe, but you never know. R

If you really want it I would contact the artist or his agent in advance with a deposit or full payment. Once they post it, it's open to anyone. I'm not after it, just saying. TT OA has not been blowing up, so I think you would be safe, but you never know. R

I have been buying off of the Interior pages. I have a bunch of pieces actually but thanks for the heads up. Ill shoot Matt a message