• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I am pretty harsh on grading but lets say the tears are under 1/2" and are considered acceptable under CGC standards. At least two have bad tears

2@9.0-9.4

6@9.4-9.6

and 2 9.8 candidates.

The lower grades ones might improve with pressing.

Edited by Jrdawg

The variant thing is kind of nuts for this title, I'm sticking with the NYCC variants since I like it the best. Finally got my hands on a RRP that looks good for a 9.8 so I'm happy.

Of all the other variants I think the FP one is probably the nicest (can you even get this unsigned?), but I think I'm skipping the madness. Like Larry said, will be interesting to see where this sits in November.

lol

What do you think overall on your RRPs? For grades?

Mine needs pressed but no color breaking defects so I have hope for a 9.8 after the press. Are all the corners dull? All of mine are so maybe no 9.8. I don't have any binary tears either. I was confused by the mention of the same. Did I get a good batch or what?

if you want to see what bindery tears look like, just check out your Saga #1s, virtually every one has it, and doesnt seem to affect grade. I also have a fatale 9.8 which has the same thing, and its a 9.8

Printing defects, especially when it affects the majority of books, doesnt seem to disallow 9.8 (though it seems to guarantee no higher).

Edited by CBT

The bindery tears on Bedlam are MUCH WORSE than those on Saga. Just sayin'.

havent seen a bedlam in person, so I dont dispute it, just for those that didnt know what it was, I was trying to give a reference to a book they likely have.

Midtown has the NYCC variant at pre-sale price of $6.50 limit 1 per person.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=BEDLAM+%231+NYCC+EXC+VAR+CV_1236638

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Now to wait and see if the orders are fulfilled... :wishluck:

my order won't go thru

Mine did! Glad I didnt pay $40 for this.