• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

lol

What do you think overall on your RRPs? For grades?

bedlam3.jpg

This is one of the worse tears I have.

WOW. I just looked over all my RRPs and so far they all dont look anything like that. I guess so far I have been lucky. Hope the next batch come in looking just as good.

All of the color NYC's look pretty rough. The RRPs seem to be a bit better.

I dont think that the color NYCC look rough. My shipment came in this weekend of the ones i have I'd say 90% of them are good 9.8 candidates. Although my source picked them all first thing thursday morning.

I dont think that the color NYCC look rough. My shipment came in this weekend of the ones i have I'd say 90% of them are good 9.8 candidates. Although my source picked them all first thing thursday morning.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that one. All my color Bedlams don't look "pretty rough"

Edited by BeachBum

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that one. All my color Bedlams don't look "pretty rough"

Must be why you are only willing to sell them as NM. (thumbs u

Must be why you are only willing to sell them as NM. (thumbs u

You worry about your books and speaking again in generalities. I'll worry about the non-busted copies I'm sending out to everybody who purchased.

The reason I listed as NM or better instead of my NM+ or better is because of the small bindery tears at the corners, kind of like Saga #1. They are all NM+ or better. I wouldn't be sending so many in Fast Tracked if they were "all pretty rough"

Since I was ACTUALLY at the show - The RRPs looked far worse than the color - That's a fact, and I'm sure many who attended can chime in.

BTW -

Here's a quick pic of half my stack - Go ahead and "Where's Waldo" the busted copies.

2EEA73D5-8D33-4A06-B32B-5475EAAEBA8D-3542-0000064367ED861A.jpg

Edited by BeachBum

Since I was ACTUALLY at the show - The RRPs looked far worse than the color - That's a fact, and I'm sure many who attended can chime in.

I was at the show, buying this book from Thursday to Saturday, and saw plenty of fugly color versions. Some boxes may have been better than others, but there were certainly some brutally rough copies coming straight from Image.

I was at the show, buying this book from Thursday to Saturday, and saw plenty of fugly color versions. Some boxes may have been better than others, but there were certainly some brutally rough copies coming straight from Image.

I don't doubt that since I swapped out some copies but to say "ALL look pretty rough" is just not the case. The majority looked just fine and I did not see any evidence of widespread printing damage or busted boxes from the printer.

You crack me up. It's cute how you like to post pictures of stacks of books as if this is some sort of contest. Here's a hint: Not all of us have to whip it out in public for all to see. Not all of us get quite so excited over a stack of books worth $1000 or so that we just picked up last weekend. That doesn't mean that yours is bigger...it just means that some of us aren't as obnoxiously self-impressed as you are. :screwy:

And just for the record, I was referring to the bindery tears, which seem to be on every corner of every color NYCC copy that I have seen, and these bindery tears are much worse than those on Saga 1. The RRPs have them too, but from the numerous copies I have seen of each book, the RRPs look stronger, and the bindery tears aren't quite as bad.

While it is a printing defect, it's still a defect, and I would be shocked if there are many 9.8s of this book. I guess we'll find out when I get my stack of fast-tracked SS copies back in a week or so.

Yes, I was ACTUALLY at the show too. So impressive!

Edited by jjeanius