• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Do you think the Price of the First issue has room to grow considering were expecting a large print run? of 30k +-

Well, I'm not sure we are going to see a print run of 30+ but then again I can never judge these things :/

Also Saga is a prime example of a book that has risen in value despite a high print run 37k I believe.

Sorry Larry but from experience, and I think most UK collectors on here would agree, FP are not the greatest retailer over the pond. Therefore not really Ignorant at all.

I, tend to avoid them if possible and only ever buy variants like yours from them as it is often the only place I can find them.

Sorry Larry but from experience, and I think most UK collectors on here would agree, FP are not the greatest retailer over the pond. Therefore not really Ignorant at all.

I, tend to avoid them if possible and only ever buy variants like yours from them as it is often the only place I can find them.

Yeah unfortunatley I hardly use FP then when I have decided to use them a couple of times in the past few weeks they've let me down, meaning I'm not encouraged to use them again. They took my money on pre-order for Catwoman #13 then on the morning of release cancelled my order as they said they hadn't ordered enough stock to cover all the orders they'd taken! On the morning of release! Well with that book selling out everywhere obviously it left me high and dry without a copy. Luckily a friend picked up 3 copies from their LCS and were nice enough to send me one, no guesses as to their LCS..yeah Forbidden Planet doh!

I have to agree, they don't even bag and board comics and they just send them out in a thin cardboard envelope but charge for postage!

This was a picture garf posted earlier for an example

i6sdz.jpg

Edited by buddymagoo

I have to agree, they don't even bag and board comics and they just send them out in a thin cardboard envelope but charge for postage!

This was a picture garf posted earlier for an example

i6sdz.jpg

Yup... can I just chime in and say that FP UK will do you up the bum as much as they can as often as they can because that's how they like it. The last 2x orders that I have done with them they have used their right to change their pricing adding 25-30% to what was originally advertised.

Bait and switch seems to be their motto. It's easy to get sucked in with the £1.95 price and then when it's shipped to be charged £2.50. May well look into the distance selling laws regarding this, the consumer is usually exceptionally well protected in the UK when purchasing online. Only because it's pi$$ed me off now, it's not the money it's just the fact that it feels like a scam.

I'd love to get Larry's variant ...but maybe after I have gotten over my crazed consumer nerd rage.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but I just got an email from FP...

Either Forbidden planet messed up my invoice....or they doubled the price for those that pre-ordered. I realize that prices can go up but to double the price is pretty crappy.

. My order was limited recently and now a week later doubled in price. Top notch service right there lol.

I haven't got anything from FP for my preorder yet.

When are they shipping the Third Eye Variants?

I got e-mail on Monday afternoon from paypal with tracking # from Third Eye for their bedlam variants. No tracking info is available yet, so I'm assuming they just printed the label.

Looking at my order they cut the order in half and the price is double for that half. Im assuming they messed up the invoice by limiting the order but not adjusting the price.

I hope thats the case anyhow

Yes, that's correct. They limited orders, but did not change the invoice totals. I just got billed for my order, and the total was corrected at payment.

Yep! Got the invoice corrected and all is well. (thumbs u

Cover B?

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/products/bedlam_1_cover_b.htm

You suppose this is the Phantom variant?

Back up. now at $14.99 though.

OOS online again. Mile High has the Phantom available online now - $10

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=direct&issue=09442908528%201%20PHANTOM