• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I would be patient with Third Eye. With the Hurricane causing chaos, I know they closed the business for a bit. They are about customer service and I'm sure you will see your books soon.

For all that ordered the Third Eye Variant, congrats as you probably know they are sold out.

I notice that theres only two listing of the third eye variant on ebay.. guess pople have not got there shipments yet.. Still waiting on mine as well.. delay due to hurricane sandy..

got two phantom from double midnight today. Shipped secured. Im happy with condition of both paid a bit more than I would have liked to but... Such is life

Lucky you! Mine from Double Midnight was *spoon* drek...

I got 50 regular issue bedlam 1 and 20 variants heres just a lil sample from my bedlam box lol. Would that mean if its goin on ebay for 10 bucks a regular issue that would make my 50 regular issue times $500? And my 20 variant goin for 25 on ebay would that make it $500 lollllllll.

131647.jpg.4fb3b4e964671f28e971ccd749d16af6.jpg

Edited by HAPPY

I'm a newish collector and am getting confused by the variants. Should I buy all of the variants if its the same story? Or are variants based on rarity just for investment purposes? I was going to buy 2 copies of the regular issue, but I'm not sure now.

subjective question.

What is your goal?

If you want to make sure you get a copy, then standard 1st print is all you need.

If you want to make a quick buck, you (too late) buy the rarer "limited edition or 'variant'" covers as soon as they come out, then re-sell on ebay.

If you are speculating on the book, (too sell later because you think it will continue to grow, or might have its rights bought), then you want to "hoard" a little bit. If you are aggressive, buy some of everything to sell as "groups". If you are conservative, buy two of everything, one to keep and one to sell. Generally speaking, the top variant (sketch in this case) would be the one to buy now, if you think the book has long term potential.

I dont think it has shaken out which will be the second most valuable yet, but Detroit seems to be the leading candidate.

how bout the person that keeps everything...

I got 50 regular issue bedlam 1 and 20 variants heres just a lil sample from my bedlam box lol. Would that mean if its goin on ebay for 10 bucks a regular issue that would make my 50 regular issue times $500? And my 20 variant goin for 25 on ebay would that make it $500 lollllllll.

Only if you sell them at those prices.

only on paper till you make the sales, better start selling.

if you never ever sell, trade, or give away, then there is no point in having multiple copies. Better to use that extra money to get other things you are going to keep...

if you never ever sell, trade, or give away, then there is no point in having multiple copies. Better to use that extra money to get other things you are going to keep...

Why?

If you have limited resources, and can choose between owning one each of 10 books that you want, or owning 10 copies of only one of them, why would you choose to own 10 copies of the same thing? How does this increase your enjoyment of this book, if you never intend to sell or trade your extra copies? Is it possible to read 10 copies of a book at once?