• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I am kind of thinking that all these spine issues are a result of the thickness of the book? I believe it is a double size 48 page? Modern Age Comic Manufacturers should take a note from the Silver Age and make spines more like a regular book on double sized comics...

Was thinking this as well, and after what has been said would books still achieve a 9.8 with the tears?

I am kind of thinking that all these spine issues are a result of the thickness of the book? I believe it is a double size 48 page? Modern Age Comic Manufacturers should take a note from the Silver Age and make spines more like a regular book on double sized comics...

Was thinking this as well, and after what has been said would books still achieve a 9.8 with the tears?

I am sure they will (if that's the only issue) - on bindery issues like this CGC tends to normalize across the run. However, I'd be surprised if there was anything above that grade.

I am sure they will (if that's the only issue) - on bindery issues like this CGC tends to normalize across the run. However, I'd be surprised if there was anything above that grade.

What he says (thumbs u

While I'm paying more foe shipping I'm having a boardie ship me my FP copies so they arrive minty fresh and not the horror stories I heard about how FP ships.

Good idea. Should've thought of that instead of waiting on my FN+ copies to arrive. I'm assuming they shipped them by folding them into an empty bottle and tossing it into the Atlantic with my name/address written on the bottle.

Received my FP's today. I was very nervous about the condition based on everything I have heard about FP, and the fact that I live across the pond. Couldn't be happier with the condition - with the exception of one sad copy, every single book is NM+ to NM/MT. Gorgeous books! So glad I asked them to pack them in a box rather than using their standard mailers. Also glad that they humored my request.

Very big fan of FP customer service right now.

Has anyone received any copy without bindery tears? hm

Nope :hi:

And all the regular copies I've seen have white fuzz (of varying degrees) on the spine corners. I'd be curious if there are any with sharp corners.

Doubt it. It's a bigger book (like Saga #1). Mine too.

While I'm paying more foe shipping I'm having a boardie ship me my FP copies so they arrive minty fresh and not the horror stories I heard about how FP ships.

Good idea. Should've thought of that instead of waiting on my FN+ copies to arrive. I'm assuming they shipped them by folding them into an empty bottle and tossing it into the Atlantic with my name/address written on the bottle.

Received my FP's today. I was very nervous about the condition based on everything I have heard about FP, and the fact that I live across the pond. Couldn't be happier with the condition - with the exception of one sad copy, every single book is NM+ to NM/MT. Gorgeous books! So glad I asked them to pack them in a box rather than using their standard mailers. Also glad that they humored my request.

Very big fan of FP customer service right now.

That's good to hear I'm glad they helped you out (thumbs u

I think the only people that know what bedlam is right now are us and the other forum/speculators. IN the future when people realize its something they want to read they will be forced to buy from us and other forum/speculators

I bought so many damn Saga #1s it was ridiculous and paid off. But then again I also bought a ton of Secret #1's and mind the gaps too, thus the speculation doesent always pay off

Edited by jjoseph7772

>>I can find more Phantom Variants online than the regular cover!!<<

SURE for $10+

Most of my retailer reported sell outs.

My shops sales were "silly"

Care to wager if a Phantom #1 will sell for more than a regular in 30 days?

Name the bet.

G head..

I'll be your Huckleberry.

varitants always sell for more.. plus the print run of the phantom was less than regular release but more than the NYCC variants..

I have gone through about 30 copies so far and they all have them to a degree. It bothers be because over time, I would assume these tears will only get worse.

only if u read them..

Who would do such a thing...?!?

I know most of us here are riding the book to make a profit but shouldn't we want a large portion of the general public to read them for the comic to really take off? Not to mention the more read, the less 9.8s are out there :insane:

I have gone through about 30 copies so far and they all have them to a degree. It bothers be because over time, I would assume these tears will only get worse.

only if u read them..

Wait comics can be read :ohm

only if u read them..

I know most of us here are riding the book to make a profit but shouldn't we want a large portion of the general public to read them for the comic to really take off? Not to mention the more read, the less 9.8s are out there :insane:

That's what 2nd prints and TPBs are for!