• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Has there ever been a brand new book with 5+ variants of the first issue that went on to mega-money success?

Chew?

Walking dead?

Bazzzzzzzzzzzzzinga

One of the funniest, most uneducated posts to appear on the boards.

Absolutely.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he selectively ignored the part of the question that regarded 5+ variants.

Has there ever been a brand new book with 5+ variants of the first issue that went on to mega-money success?

Chew?

Walking dead?

Bazzzzzzzzzzzzzinga

One of the funniest, most uneducated posts to appear on the boards.

Absolutely.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he selectively ignored the part of the question that regarded 5+ variants.

That's still drawing a long bow lol I'm guessing he missed the part about the first issue. Maybe he thought because TWD #100 had a ton of variants that it qualified (shrug)

I think the answer to the original question though is NO. I can't think of any books off hand that have had 5+ variants of the FIRST issue that have had "mega-money" success

Selling something to recoup costs is one thing. Trying to rape someone on a page you bought three weeks ago before the ink is even dry on the page is another. Your listing smacks of dishonesty and a blatant cash grab, and I doubt that you just found out about your brother's campaign three weeks ago after you bought the page.

Want your money back? Great. Sell it at cost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-investment-lot-1-100-CGC-9-8-copies-of-27-48-53-CGC-SS-100-/180994173979

October 11th....just sayin. If money is needed so badly to help out...maybe dont buy the OA in the first place?

It's not needed "so badly" ... it's something I decided to move ... It's also none of your business and don't be upset b/c I won't sell it to you for $200 ... remember I never asked for your advice ... you boys just started talking about it ... I tried to shame you all into stopping with these things called facts and yet you continue to talk about it.

If Riley gets to the point where his interior pages are selling for $1300 a pop, I'm sure he'll be happy.

:ohnoez:

On a more serious note, I can understand the need to flip given the hype around the book at the moment - but I can't help but be amused at that price. Well, all power to him!

This isn't flipping! Our resident West Virginia Lawyer has fallen on economic hardship during the three weeks he has owned the page, and now he has no choice but to ask 5x what he paid for it so that he can put food on the table! At least, that's what the auction says...

Then again, the auction description says a LOT of things, many of which are terribly amusing. ;-)

One issue in, and he's trying to flip a single page for more than most Chew covers sell for. Ha.

Since you're all talking about me ... I need to sell some stuff to recoup cash I spent on the following: (1) uninsured medical expenses for my mother who was diagnosed with a brain disease; and (2) a House of Delegates race (my younger brother was the candidate, and in case you're wondering my younger brother lost by 122 lousy votes). We'll see what I get for it. Please try your best not to be so rude. Can't you go back to crying about Dre's business model or something? Thanks!

325 shipped? Seriously :wishluck: I missed out on the sale of the pages, so let me help you get some money back while you help me

A very fair offer, IMO. Much closer to market value than $1300 or whatever the ebay asking price is.

For goodness sake - every time a title produces one or more variants, whether from the publisher or Phantom Variant or whatever, one or more clowns start spouting off about how it's not fair and it's ruining the market etc.

If you like the cover, buy it. If you don't, don't. If you want it but it's too expensive, then just realise that there are some things you can't have and you should be grateful you have disposable income to spend on comic books.

Publishers are out to make money? Distributors are out to make money? Dealers are out to make money? WOW, WHAT A MASSIVE SHOCK! BURN THEM ALL! It's not fair on the consumer? Then exercise your rights as a consumer and vote with your wallet. And can I please head off at the pass the response that if people want to vent they should be allowed to do so - I agree with that. I'm just getting in a retaliatory vent first.

Every time I see someone post "it will go up in value" or "it will go down in value" or "it will hold its value" or "it will sell this many" like they have the benefit of a FREAKING TIME MACHINE, I want to punch myself in the face.

Right.

I feel better now.

And you the customer?

Your $15 book is worth $1.

There's a lot that I take issue with in your post, but re this - you are assuming that everyone buys comics to flip them for a profit.

Newsflash - some people will buy a $15 variant just because they like the cover. Some people will buy it because they want a full set. Some people might even buy it because they want to support the Phantom Variant programme. None of those people will care how much it's worth (not that you have any evidence to back up your assertion, but let's leave that aside for the moment).

You should punch yourself in the face for saying 'freaking'. You're English.

I would agree with you, except that my wife has asked me to stop swearing in front of my daughter, so been using "freaking", "flipping", "fricking" and others a lot more recently.

Try sticking to that whilst you are driving ;)

For goodness sake - every time a title produces one or more variants, whether from the publisher or Phantom Variant or whatever, one or more clowns start spouting off about how it's not fair and it's ruining the market etc.

If you like the cover, buy it. If you don't, don't. If you want it but it's too expensive, then just realise that there are some things you can't have and you should be grateful you have disposable income to spend on comic books.

Publishers are out to make money? Distributors are out to make money? Dealers are out to make money? WOW, WHAT A MASSIVE SHOCK! BURN THEM ALL! It's not fair on the consumer? Then exercise your rights as a consumer and vote with your wallet. And can I please head off at the pass the response that if people want to vent they should be allowed to do so - I agree with that. I'm just getting in a retaliatory vent first.

Every time I see someone post "it will go up in value" or "it will go down in value" or "it will hold its value" or "it will sell this many" like they have the benefit of a FREAKING TIME MACHINE, I want to punch myself in the face.

Right.

I feel better now.

BEST. RANT. EVER.

You should punch yourself in the face for saying 'freaking'. You're English.

I would agree with you, except that my wife has asked me to stop swearing in front of my daughter, so been using "freaking", "flipping", "fricking" and others a lot more recently.

Bloody? (shrug)

Also banned. Don't even ask anything else, just assume it's all banned.

I'm considering bring back such classics as "crikey", "by jove" and "zounds".

Fp's delivery policy must change by the Druid calendar or something.

Another 20 x Bedlam #1's delivered today - wait for it......

JIFFY BAG!! Ha,ha!

Mercifully, they were each contained in those horrible cardboard mailers that they are so fond of - 5 per standard mailer(and Bedlam is a thick book!) Once again though, no damage!! And all 20 were signed by Frazer Irving in silver pen u.r.c.

Edited by Ivan Testemitanu

>>To be clear - again I have had this convo with King Larry before<<

To be clear -I have NEVER spoken to Andy70 in my life.

Seriously..

Oh you fibber - you don't recall the PM when I asked you to stop flogging your stuff - and I quote...."some people are spending a weeks pay on your phantoms".

You replied with an order form for more.

Also - NYCC variants

GP variants

Never had a convo?

Snake oil slick,snake oil..