• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Bedlam CGC are getting no love at all on the bay hm

I think the people generating the most collecting interest for this title (a large chunk posting here) probably have their copies or will soon. There's going to be a bunch of CGC stuff popping up from Rich's signing and probably Thought Bubble too, so I don't know that the wide appeal is sufficient given the supply right now (which makes perfect sense, it's only 1 issue long!)

Bedlam CGC are getting no love at all on the bay hm

Only show one completed sale for a 9.8, and its that first one from top notch, that was so grossly over priced, it has everyone greed-bag pricing the books above what people are willing to pay.

It needs more listings, and some auctions to let a real market value be determined.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bedlam-1-NYCC-Exclusive-Variant-CGC-9-8-SS-by-Nick-Spencer-Rare-/160925501330?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2577e84792

SS NYCC color, starting from 99 cents. Once this sale closes and gives the book a real value, others will start to price to that point, and sales will start moving. Then the price can move up.

All the people trying to start first sales at 4 hundred, 5 hundred, or more, arent going to get bites. That top notch sale for 550 was either a shill or some person who was clueless and overzealous

My DCBS pre orders should finally arrive today.

Yesterday i got my Forbidden Planet order. I'll try to post an image of the box when i get home.

FORBIDDEN PLANET SHIPPING BOX...... doh!

IMG-20121119-00403.jpg[/img]

OUCH. That's why I' m boycotting them a until someone posts better results... someday

Yup thats about how mine looked also. Then they stuffed three to four in a sleeve.

Man now I'm starting to worry about my shipment......... And it's going to Canada too...... (Double whammy)

Mine made it safe a few weeks ago in a cardboard mailer. The odds were against it, but they all made it here NM/NM- or better for all 5 copies. I seriously doubt that if I order the same amount 10 times only 2 or 3 would make it safely. I dont recommend them for international shipping. A shame too, you know how much more business they could have brought in if they pulled off the Bedlam international deliveries well? They had a chance to showcase their store worldwide and looks like their packing has blown it for them. doh!

They packed 5 copies in plastic and then shoved them into a small cardboard mailer. those copies got bent when they forced them into the mailer. the other 4 copies they sent were great. for some reason they decided to pack those 4 copies into two cardboard mailers with 2 each. :makepoint:

Yeah, should be interesting where that ends up.

Seems like there are already 8 9.8 RRPs on the census, so we'll see where that goes.

You can add another 15 to that.

Got grades - shipping out via Joey Tuesday.

The 6 month rule is in play.

Please consider the following - consider,I'm fed up of arguing about this book.

1) The actual print run is RECORDED as 22,000. Spencer can bleat all he likes but thats the actual figure attributed to Bedlam #1

2) Variants - and I'm done going on about King Larry - are 4,000

3) San Diego and NYCC variants were OFFICIALLY stated as 500 each.There are suggestions there were more,but thats the figure quoted by Image so who are we to argue.

4) Even by my math, that leaves an 'official' plain old Bedlam #1 print run of 17,000

5) This book has had sensational reviews on the vast majority of internet review sites.

6) Comparasons to the Joker will not do any harm at all.

7) The potential for a film is enormous.

8) Its a sold out comic book that has been out for 3 weeks.No-one is going to retire on this book.

9) Give it 6 episodes and this will be the hottest non-marvel book of 2013.

10) THEN the secondary market is your friend.

This book will be huge - its just so awesomely perverted, and genuinely disturbing that one is compelled to turn the next page. You really have NO idea what is coming next.

The other one is Great Pacific - if it can survive a frankly dismal first episode,then the story has enormous upside.

I would help if more people actually realised the Great Pacific Refuse Island is real!

It's a disgrace, and I can see all sorts of environmentalists,greenies as well as good old comic folk jumping on.

I only have a couple of puppies in this race so its no biggie - just reckon it will be a grower.

Edited by Andy70

I agree with most of your post Andy. I do, however, feel in my gut and a little common sense that the announced print runs from image are skewed. For example, there have been 253 copies of Bedlam 1 NYCC listed and sold since OCT 30th on ebay. That isn't counting those board members have listed here or ones sitting at CGC being graded as we speak.

Do I think the numbers are off in a gross amount? No, but it leaves room for question. Not only for that one book but the others as well. 2c

Edited by Jrdawg

Thats a good point about NYCC.

I was one of a number of boardies who either went,or commisioned someone to go on their behalf.

I think that because of this,most were always destined to be slabbed, and slabbed quickly,as lets be honest,if we know what to do (as most do on here) then those books are on the fast-track express within 48 hrs.

Given that,I think it was going to be inevitable that most would show up quickly as the first 10 - 15 get the top prices.

This effect was unfortunately diluted by the variant craze.

The normal Bedlams will show up,it's just that most people have either put them in economy or are waiting to see how the book goes.

I don't think much will happen for 6 months or until the next killer book comes out, and then it will join Revival,Saga TWD and Peter Panzerfaust on a slow steady rise.

I do take you point though,especially as on the last day,a 'few extra' turned up - now priced at $10 instead of $5.

That was very strange - and in my limited knowledge unheard of for a book to be bumped by 100% mid-con.

Have you heard of this happening before Dawg?

I agree with most of your post Andy. I do, however, feel in my gut and a little common sense that the announced print runs from image are skewed. For example, there have been 253 copies of Bedlam 1 NYCC listed and sold since OCT 30th on ebay. That isn't counting those board members have listed here or ones sitting at CGC being graded as we speak.

Do I think the numbers are off in a gross amount? No, but it leaves room for question. Not only for that one book but the others as well. 2c

I agree with you totally that the figures are probably wrong. In 12 months - 2 years time someone will look up the print run on Comic Chronicles and it will say 22,627. Right or wrong - that will be what everyone believes it to be and until there's proof otherwise, that's what I will believe it is.

There's no final total on the number of NYCC variants and you WILL see more of them hit the market...

Agreed - but my ads will include the image press release with "limited to 500 copies" written in it!