• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

The only place I can find it other than on e-bay is Larry's Comics

I think I am just collecting the first prints because there are way too many variants :(

and this is coming from a WD collector lol

+1

+2 - can't afford to chase every variant. I don't have a Detroit, FP, NYCC, Sketch, or this 'new' Larry variant.

+1 totally agree. I am really burned out on these variants. Thinking we are starting to hit the too many of a good thing.

New bedlam 1 variant, new WD 100 variant, 18 pony covers...

FINALLY - only took some of you a month.

Stop buying this dross - King Larry goes away.

You all ruined Bedlam - try not to screw up another - theres good chaps.

Like I said - image are furious - there are too many extra variants which has threatened to kill off their 'best 2013' book.

Congrats to those who lined Larrys pocket at the expense of a good book.

Wow how patronizing do you want to be :facepalm:

I don't know about us ruining Bedlam but you're ruining this thread with your constant bickering with Larry and simple rudeness towards other board members (shrug)

I seriously doubt Image is furious. Those books don't get printed without their "OK". Any suggestion to the otherwise is just obnoxious.

+1

And, the books aren't 'ruined'. The stories' quality is independent of whether there are variants or not.

You have the most unsuitable board name ever created.

:facepalm:

1.) My name is a reference to www.jjeanius.net (no longer exists), which was a fan site for artist James Jean. He is also the artist of the artwork in my avatar.

2.) If you want to rant on and on about variants and how they are single-handedly responsible for ruining your world, then start a thread about it so the rest of us can ignore it. This is the Bedlam thread, not the "Andy is butthurt over variants" thread. It's also not the "Andy vs Larry b!tchfest" thread. Please try to act a bit more mature, and not like a five year old throwing a tantrum because the big kid on the playground stole your lollipop.

You don't like variants...? Great. Don't buy them. End of story.

Edited by jjeanius

FINALLY - only took some of you a month.

Stop buying this dross - King Larry goes away.

You all ruined Bedlam - try not to screw up another - theres good chaps.

Like I said - image are furious - there are too many extra variants which has threatened to kill off their 'best 2013' book.

Congrats to those who lined Larrys pocket at the expense of a good book.

Wow how patronizing do you want to be :facepalm:

I don't know about us ruining Bedlam but you're ruining this thread with your constant bickering with Larry and simple rudeness towards other board members (shrug)

Definitely over the line...

Edited by lostpike

Patronizing - yes.

Funny I never argue with those I respect.

Draw your own conclusions.

And as for you Mr BBC remember the 'boo-hoo' PM about removing some private details you had stupidly posted on-line?

Funny how you can be nice when you need to be.

Boils down to this.

I told some of you that too many variants would kill this book - you chose,as is your absolute right - to tell me to get lost.

Forgive me now,when the same people have come to the belated conclusion that "doh - too many variant" I'm not buying anymore realisation has set in,that I don't feel the need to say

"I told you so"

It's not like I am losing anything by not having your respect Gaz - you are Mr Beige as far as I am concerned - but don't expect me not to go Finally FFS, when the penny dropped.

It wasn't exactly a Boo-Hoo PM now was it (shrug)

I'm nice to everyone on here, except those that are rude and disrespectful to others on here, and you my friend are both of those.

And whats this rubbish about Mr beige, man you're full of lol

I respect your opinions but your way of telling people is all wrong :foryou:

Edited by gaz2810i

I don't see anything identifying this as a Larry's or Special variant other than Larry listing it as such. Based on the cover it just looks like a 2nd print that Larry has decided to try and sell to everyone at a ridiculous price. (shrug)

I actually find some of Larry's posts helpful and he does offer some good insight but he is clearly just a salesmen, selling his product, trying to make a buck anyway he can. I have no problem with that but his actions are speaking louder than his words and it is becoming more and more of a joke every time he talks about what he's doing to help creators when he is only trying to help his own pockets. There is nothing noble about what Larry is doing.

bedlam1spec_zps30d58b5c.jpg

Flame On! :flamed:

:)

Edited by Comic Book Guy

Now that I can see the bigger picture it certainly does look like a second printing (shrug)

In fact I have just had another look at the image on Larry's website and the image does in fact say 2nd printing

Edited by gaz2810i

Now that I can see the bigger picture it certainly does look like a second printing (shrug)

In fact I have just had another look at the image on Larry's website and the image does in fact say 2n printing

Yeah, I think it should be noted in the title or made clear regardless of how "special" Larry thinks it is.

Andy70,

Take a moment and step away and relax. It's just a book. The only thing that ruins a book is poor writing, poor art or both. Yes the variant thing has gone all kinds of stupid, those things are what allows publishing houses to take chances on new titles. The fad will burn itself out soon enough, then everyone can go back to predicting the end of comics (thumbs u

And the book is quite good. Digging the schizo nature of the character.

I seriously doubt Image is furious. Those books don't get printed without their "OK". Any suggestion to the otherwise is just obnoxious.

+1

And, the books aren't 'ruined'. The stories' quality is independent of whether there are variants or not.

+1

The multiple variants from the get go may have decreased the collectability/flippilibily of this book and has certainly insured that I will never even try to put together a run of this book. That being said, I'm sure that Nick Spencer/Image/people who are not illiterate will not consider this book a failure if it is actually good (i.e. if they sell 20K+ per month of this book, I think everyone will be more than fine. I think they'll get that number if it's a quality book.).

I do think that Larry is lining his own pockets on issue 1, but who knows if he and the phantom variant group are lining their pockets on the whole series. These guys have committed to 1000+ copies each of issues 1-6. If variants are really "ruining" this book, then Larry and the Phantom group might be eating a lot copies. If it's good? Then Larry made a bet from the get go and won. Good for him.

Considering that Chew and Walking Dead started at under 10,000 copies an issue, I'm sure that Nick Spencer/Image are pretty OK with essentially pre-selling at least 6,000 copies of this book and giving it the chance to draw an audience. I'm also sure that Rossmo isn't complaining about the price tag he's getting on his OA and the sales of his variant covers.