• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

So, to recap:

That is the cover art Larry solicited for his "SPECIAL EDITION". Nick Spencer than asked if he could use the art for a later printing (ostensibly the 2nd print, based on the pictures). Larry said that he would prefer that they NOT use it as the cover to a later printing, as he still plans to release the "SPECIAL EDITION" sans signing event.

So...one of two things are true. Either:

1.) They went ahead and used the artwork originally slated for the "SPECIAL EDITION" as the art for the 2nd print, regardless of what Larry might "prefer"....in which case, who wants to pay $60 for the "SPECIAL EDITION" when the only difference is the lack of the "Second Printing" notation in the corner...?

OR...

2.) The art to the 2nd print is actually different than pictured.

CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

So, to recap:

That is the cover art Larry solicited for his "SPECIAL EDITION". Nick Spencer than asked if he could use the art for a later printing (ostensibly the 2nd print, based on the pictures). Larry said that he would prefer that they NOT use it as the cover to a later printing, as he still plans to release the "SPECIAL EDITION" sans signing event.

So...one of two things are true. Either:

1.) They went ahead and used the artwork originally slated for the "SPECIAL EDITION" as the art for the 2nd print, regardless of what Larry might "prefer"....in which case, who wants to pay $60 for the "SPECIAL EDITION" when the only difference is the lack of the "Second Printing" notation in the corner...?

OR...

2.) The art to the 2nd print is actually different than pictured.

CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

How funny would it be if they are the same cover and the 2nd print hits consumers before the Special Edition. That would basically make the Special Edition a 2nd print of the 2nd print wouldn't it? and for 30x the price.

Also if this is the case the fault lies on the creators to rectify this problem with Larry. He told them he would prefer to keep it a SE. If this is true then I could see him getting an even better variant for Bedlam in the future for his troubles.

But this is all conjecture until Larry lets us know whats up.

Edited by Hodor

Does the 2nd print come out tomorrow also?

Yes

Midtown Comics is showing a different cover for Bedlam #1 Second Printing:

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Bedlam+%231+2nd+Ptg_1243393

If this is the second print then problem solved.

I like that cover better than the first print.

I agree

Larry's Special Edition is a #1 that is being released at the same time as the second print BUT it is not a second print per Larry.

Right, I see the correct cover Larry has posted as his special edition but this same cover art was released as a 2nd print and is noted as such on the front of the book so I am just wondering if they are going to change the cover for the 2nd print now that Larry is offering that cover as his special edition. :)