• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Larry's Special Edition is a #1 that is being released at the same time as the second print BUT it is not a second print per Larry.

Wouldn't it be a 3rd print? Similar to his Chew #1 Larry's Edition?

The Indica on the book reads "BEDLAM #1 Special Edition. November 2012."

So...what's "SPECIAL" about it, other than the cover...? Sounds like a fancy way to say "reprint" to me.

Apparently $60 worth of specialness.

Thats a lot.

So...what's "SPECIAL" about it, other than the cover...? Sounds like a fancy way to say "reprint" to me.

Apparently $60 worth of specialness.

Thats a lot.

Shouldn't they just slap a 60 dollar price on the cover?

It's odd that they put tree fiddy on the cover yet none were intended to be sold at that price.

If they put $60 as a cover price then Image would make the money. No retailer would pay the order price. It's much more fun for the store owners if they can buy from Image at under $2 a pop and turn around and charge $60 for it. They may even get it for a few days until the market catches up.

Larry's Special Edition is a #1 that is being released at the same time as the second print BUT it is not a second print per Larry.

My Chew special edition WAS a third printing variant.

So how is this not the same thing? Your "special edition" is released after issue #1 has been out for a while - which automatically makes it a reprint :shrug:

So how is this not the same thing? Your "special edition" is released after issue #1 has been out for a while - which automatically makes it a reprint :shrug:

Bazinga!